Hacking New Theme for EZ-Flash Omega!

Mite000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
however, be aware that some pokemon games mainly pokemon crystal/ gold/ silver save files sometimes disappear out of nowhere. But super Mario deluxe works great tho. My pokemon roms are clean and idek why they sometimes disappear. hope this helps
Would both the save states and main save disappear, or just the main? I'm okay with just having one or the other, but if both can go up in smoke then I wouldn'tr trust playing it lol

aidn0828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i think its both. the in game is the biggest problem. I really hope this is a fix soon or this makes the simple firmware almost unusable.

aidn0828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and even savestates on the original kernel were really a hit or miss. I got so pissed when my mario land save state disappeared so I stopped relying on the save states. But the fact that you get to play master system games and game gear games is really cool. I just wish there would be a new version that fixes the gameboy and gameboy color save issue. I'm praying rn

Last edited by aidn0828,

aidn0828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all!

I have been working on a new theme for the EZ-Flash Omega, and I call it Simple.

It is a nice rounded theme with both light and dark options, and allows for way more functionality on your Game Boy Advance!

Its features are:

PogoShell plugin support
A handful of plugins are included which means you can launch way more emulators and file types such as text documents, images, and music.

Save backup feature
When enabled, this will make up to five backups of the save file belonging to the ROM/file you are opening.

Better English translation
Just better in general

Cleaner sans-serif font

An option to hard reset the console when booting a GBA game without holding L.

I implemented this because I know some people like me like having the BIOS intro screen.

In short, it doesn't just look pretty, it gives your cartridge way more functionality as well!

Hope everyone likes it!

Latest version: v3.7
Latest version (DE): v1.3

Credits:
Kuwanger (PogoShell modifications)
Sasq (Creating PogoShell and a few plugins)
Veikkos (Save backup code and Goomba Color mods)
CoolHJ (Improving Chinese translation)
Moonlight (Various PogoShell plugins)
RibShark (Technical Assistance)

Greetz:
DarkFader
Let's Emu!
Krom
Simon Band

DEFINITIVE EDITION USERS:
DOWNLOAD SimpleDE.zip FOR YOUR CARTRIDGE.

OTHERWISE DOWNLOAD Simple.zip!
ALSO YOU MUST USE THE OFFICIAL KERNEL TO UPDATE THE FIRMWARE; THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE BASE OMEGA :(

READ THE INCLUDED TEXT DOCUMENT BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS!

Screenshots:
View attachment 208785 View attachment 208786 View attachment 208787 View attachment 208788 View attachment 208789 View attachment 208790

Source: https://github.com/Sterophonick/SimpleLight
Source (Definitive Edition): https://github.com/Sterophonick/omega-de-kernel
Manual: https://sterophonick.github.io/omegamanual.html

Skinning guide:
https://sterophonick.github.io/pages/projects/howtoskinsimple.html
can you please make a new version for the ez flash omega fixing the gameboy and gameboy color save file issues? I actually stopped playing the cart because of this problem.

aidn0828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get Pokémon Crystal to save either ever since the update.
I save > Press L + R > Wait 5 - 10 seconds > Exit > Boot the game back > Save gone

Tried a modded GBA with an IPS screen and a GBA SP 001 unmoded if that says anything.

Edit:
Downgraded to previous version and now saving works again.
which version did you downgrade to?

aidn0828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came across this issue with gameboy saves and tried to download and install thoses files as well but it didn't solve it for me either. We're probably doing something wrong.

I've lost count how many times the gameboy emulator has given me save issues though. GBA has been great 99% of the time, especially with the backup saves, but that emulator has been super unreliable for me over the years
Update: after using the cart for 2 days all of my savestates are gone even with the added jagoomba files

aidn0828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would both the save states and main save disappear, or just the main? I'm okay with just having one or the other, but if both can go up in smoke then I wouldn'tr trust playing it lol
I FOUND THE SOLUTION.
you have to add the jagoomba thing into the plug folder.
And then when you save the game, press L + R to access the menu then wait 5 seconds then turn it off.
DO NOT PRESS EXIT. IT WILL DAMAGE THE SAVE FILE AND THE SD CARD

Mite000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I FOUND THE SOLUTION.
you have to add the jagoomba thing into the plug folder.
And then when you save the game, press L + R to access the menu then wait 5 seconds then turn it off.
DO NOT PRESS EXIT. IT WILL DAMAGE THE SAVE FILE AND THE SD CARD
That's always been how you're supposed to use the emulator lol, regardless of the files. Still gets corrupted from time to time anyway though, probably because it's easy to mess up with a system like that, but it is what it is. I just stick to GBA with this flash cart these days to play it safe

aidn0828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's always been how you're supposed to use the emulator lol, regardless of the files. Still gets corrupted from time to time anyway though, probably because it's easy to mess up with a system like that, but it is what it is. I just stick to GBA with this flash cart these days to play it safe
But the thing is, I always used to press exit

-Micky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The German Pokemon Crystal version did not work with SimpleDE v 1.3 and Jagoomba Color 0.5. The English worked.

I have a EZ-Flash Definitive Edition.

Error message:

Dieses Modul ist ausschliesslich mit dem Game Boy Color kompatibel.

Did someone know why?

Micky

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The German Pokemon Crystal version did not work with SimpleDE v 1.3 and Jagoomba Color 0.5. The English worked.

I have a EZ-Flash Definitive Edition.

Error message:

Dieses Modul ist ausschliesslich mit dem Game Boy Color kompatibel.

Did someone know why?

Micky
Open up the emulator settings (L+R), go to "other settings" and set your Gameboy to "prefer GBC over SGB", go back one menu (press B), select "restart"

Reactions: -Micky

mimo_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I watched a video where someone said it would corrupt the flash if it was interrupted. Is this not true?
Unfortunately, that was true.Beacuse it made with one of the newest way to emulate games,so you need change your habits which requires you waitting for about 5 seconds.Improtantly, some cheats will break saves too.You can vist ezflash-offical-site to konw it,or you can buy omega definitive edition, which is not required

RePacked

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In your manual, it says you need to press L+R, wait a few seconds and then use the Exit option.
But in the official EZ-Flash manual it says the following:
wait some time then power off instead choose exit.
and
DO NOT CHOOSE EXIT, it will damage your SD card

At the beginning of your manual, you say:
The author's native language is not English. There may be grammatical errors in the document. We have done our best to translate and correct.
I can see how the first quote could be a mistranslation and meant to say "wait some time and instead of powering off, choose exit" but the second one seems pretty clear about not using the exit option.

So what's the right way

Last edited by RePacked,

Dragons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That looks great better from original set up pictures I saw thank you if I decide get this I defiantly use it thank you for hack easy on eyes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    StatusN @ StatusN: hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works...