hdhani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I recently purchased the mario odyssey bundle which comes with the game download code and have been in the process of setting up my switch for cfw.

So far I've tested to see if it is unpatched (which it is) and have also created a nand backup onto my sd card.

I've been advised to avoid burning fuses which I'll attempt to do. However I also want to install this game via the download code somehow but not sure how I'm going to do it without burning a fuse?

My OFW comes with 3.0.0 and I want to update to 8.1.0.

How do I install atmosphere on my stock OFW 3.0.0? Would Atmosphere 0.91 work on firmware 3.0.0 and then I can just launch CFW + ChoiDujourNX update to 8.1.0 + AutoRCM so I don't burn a fuse?

But then how would I even download the game if I'm going to be on CFW? I think I need to go to the eshop and sign in with an account. But I'm trying not to burn fuses so dont want to go back into ofw.

Can someone please also confirm that my legit game will work (via download code) on Atmosphere CFW once I manage to install it somehow?

Thanks!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I recently purchased the mario odyssey bundle which comes with the game download code and have been in the process of setting up my switch for cfw.

So far I've tested to see if it is unpatched (which it is) and have also created a nand backup onto my sd card.

I've been advised to avoid burning fuses which I'll attempt to do. However I also want to install this game via the download code somehow but not sure how I'm going to do it without burning a fuse?

My OFW comes with 3.0.0 and I want to update to 8.1.0.

How do I install atmosphere on my stock OFW 3.0.0? Would Atmosphere 0.91 work on firmware 3.0.0 and then I can just launch CFW + ChoiDujourNX update to 8.1.0 + AutoRCM so I don't burn a fuse?

But then how would I even download the game if I'm going to be on CFW? I think I need to go to the eshop and sign in with an account. But I'm trying not to burn fuses so dont want to go back into ofw.

Can someone please also confirm that my legit game will work (via download code) on Atmosphere CFW once I manage to install it somehow?

Thanks!
First, you don't have to worry about fuses if you're okay with using the RCM exploit for the rest of your life. If you are fine with using the RCM exploit whenever you want to coldboot into CFW, you don't need to worry about downgrading when future exploits are released, since you won't be using them.

That being said, if you still want to preserve your fuse count, you can do what you already described:
  1. Use Atmosphere 0.9.1 with your 3.0.0 Switch
  2. Use ChoiDujourNX to install 8.1.0 and AutoRCM
  3. Download your game on the eShop
Your game will also work.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: hdhani

hdhani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  1. Download your game on the eShop
Will my switch get banned if I do this in CFW?

I'm not too bothered about fuses to be honest. But if a better exploit comes out in the future then it would be good to prevent them from burning I guess...

P.s. I dont intend on playing online with this switch but dont want the console banned in case I want to sell it in the future.

hdhani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got my switch up and running with atmosphere and 8.1.0 without burning a fuse!

Decided to avoid the eshop for now.

I have one annoying issue, if I put the device to sleep i have to now press the home button a few times before it wakes up. Before I could press it once and it woke up. Is this normal? How do I fix that?

Cerulis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
  1. Download your game on the eShop
Will my switch get banned if I do this in CFW?

I'm not too bothered about fuses to be honest. But if a better exploit comes out in the future then it would be good to prevent them from burning I guess...

P.s. I dont intend on playing online with this switch but dont want the console banned in case I want to sell it in the future.

Avoid trying to connect to the internet if you are in CFW. Save eshop/online play etc to your clean OFW sysNAND ONLY.
If your sysNAND isn't clean anymore then restore it through your backup before doing anything else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1