Hacking new SuperCard Lite (MicroSD) (official)

supermecleboss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Update(2006.07.28):SuperCard Lite (MicroSD) Released!!!

scliteem7.jpg

sclite1zk1.jpg

sclite2kd3.jpg

QUOTE said:
SuperCard Lite (MicroSD) Released Today AND WolrdWide Launch (Click here to find out where to buy = http://eng.supercard.cn/dealer.htm )

After three months hard work, our supercard team almost boil our mind to make this special structure of SupdfCard Lite. SCL still the same function, more faster, but half size than before. The amazing thing is that it can be exactly insterted into NDSL without any stick out. We digged all the space of DS GBA SLOT, I feel pride of our SuperCard Team. I hope you feel like me.

SuperCard Lite Main Feature:

1. Use MicroSD Flash, insert & plug MicroSD without move SuperCard Lite.
2. Can be insert into NDSL GBA slot without any stick out.
3. High Speed than SuperCard MiniSD and SuperCard SD version, running DS game almost whithout any break when using high speed MicroSD Flash.
4. Keep the GBA function like other version of SuperCard.

Important: SuperCard Lite insert into NDSL is very hard to plug out, it's very tight. Please plug left corner and than right corner of SuperCard Lite, it would be easy to plug out.

source : http://eng.supercard.cn/

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
I love the microSD + front loading, but here are the reasons I've decided to stick to my Supercard SD and wait for a G6 lite or M3 micro or whatever.

1) No new menu (same crappy FAT menu that doesn't sort alphabetically! Argh!)
2) The quality is so-so (from what I've read)
3) The SC lite does not have the same gloss as the NDS lite (white)
4) Slowdown with regular SanDisk 1GB Micro cards.
5) Crap GBA support
6) Ugly sticker on front which voids warranty if you remove (ugh)
7) Price (1GB micro + price of device = roughly $90)

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Point 4 has been remedied, when used used with the actual patcher developed for the SC-lite only, even the Castlevania video plays smoothly with regular SanDisk 1GB Micro cards. No other card has managed that !!

edit ... you should improve you're research techniques or you're end up with an EZ4 or something. And as for build quality, again look at the EZ4.

Thorisoka

Trophies
Website
www.nintendojofr.com
XP
Country
France
just a matter of point of view, the BobaFett-ed logo is so ugly and doesn't make serious at all, cheap instead...

anyway, the device looks well designed and suits as well as the G6Lite into the DS Lite (if you don't mind about glossy finition...)

too bad I'm waiting for M3 Lite, this one would be my second choice
smile.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Yep, it's the tackiness of the Boba Fett and the tackiness of the blue/purple casing of the Supercard SD/miniSD are the reasons I bought them even though I already have an M3. Gotta love the orange boxes too (they changed these to a more serious, white one.
frown.gif
)... Tack!

mr_saturn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I love the microSD + front loading, but here are the reasons I've decided to stick to my Supercard SD and wait for a G6 lite or M3 micro or whatever.

5) Crap GBA support

1) Look for a utility called fatsort, run it on your SD card. Poof, sorted.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now we just need someone to figure out how to get that new patcher to work 100% reliably with the regular SC-SD and SCmini. I'll buy one of these eventually - when/if I see a 2GB microsd card on newegg for less than $60, then definitely.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
5) Crap GBA support
Here’s a rebuttal.
wink.gif

1) That’s a good thing! This is not a PDA, the text menu is the fastest way to a game.
2) From what you read? All these carts are so so, to total crap. There made in China!
3) So you’re planning on using your DS to pick up on chicks? I’d rather have the purple.
4) That’s been resolved; people were using the wrong patcher.
5) SC runs 90% of GBA games just fine, & with 99% of them being crap that’s not bad.
6) No Idea what you’re talking about, but you can’t even see the sticker when installed.
7) Keep looking, you can find way cheaper then that.

8) The SC guys have always been very quick at DS updates.
9) Removable media & don’t stick out at all, great for easy pocket access.
10)NO SPLASH SCREEN!

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Now we just need someone to figure out how to get that new patcher to work 100% reliably with the regular SC-SD and SCmini. I'll buy one of these eventually - when/if I see a 2GB microsd card on newegg for less than $60, then definitely.

I agree 100%! This SuperCard Lite isn't any improvement over the SuperCard miniSD/SD other then it being smaller. I'm waiting until bigger and faster transflash comes out. Not to mention the GBA comp sucks still and I'll have to see what m3 has up its sleeves! Imagine and M3 Lite which has perfect GBA, perfect DS, and changes case covers (one old phat DS one too)! I'd be in heaven if G6 Lite came out with a 1GB version! Man these wishes I have! But I was really disappointed with this SC release. I was hoping for so much more and all they gave us was a SuperCard miniSD/SD Lite.

FifthE1ement

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FifthE1ement, all you do is complain. It is a DS adapter. Not a GBA flash cart. You cant expect perfect GBA compatablity. M3 'Lite' wont be flush according to their track record of making the same product 3 Times to be flush ( M3 SD. M3 Slim SD, M3 SD pro)

And Why are people saying GBA compatablity sucks? I just got mine today and all the games run fine that i play (Zelda Minish Cap, Dragonball Z, Mother 3, etc) People are just underrating the Supercard and overrated the overpriced crap known as M3. Price/Performance wise Supercard is much better then M3. With M3 you pay at least 30 dollars more. With that 30 dollars you could buy a cheap 2 Gigabbit Flash Card.

" M3 Lite which has perfect GBA, perfect DS, and changes case covers (one old phat DS one too)"

That wont happen. If M3 Lite is really flush (Which it wont be) then it will have to be made in the same way that Supercard Lite is. If that is so then there is no way you could hae a DS Phat Cart. And it wont haev Perfect DS and Perfect GBA because no flash cart has ever had that.

Supercard Lite has 99% DS Compatailbity (The only rom not working Opera Web Browser) and 95% DS Compatablity (All the games i have tried worked except Mario Kart Super Circuit, but even that worked. Just not perfectly)

ssj4android

Trophies
XP
Country
Supercard is horrible for playing GBA games. Many games have slowdowns, even Super Mario World. Yoshi's Island is horribly slow, if you can get it to work at all.

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Supercard is horrible for playing GBA games. Many games have slowdowns, even Super Mario World. Yoshi's Island is horribly slow, if you can get it to work at all.
Really, if you are that serious about GBA, why not buy a dedicated GBA flashcart? They are dirt cheap now. The Supercard is a DS cart. It's made for DS games. The GBA support is just an added bonus.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Supercard is horrible for playing GBA games. Many games have slowdowns, even Super Mario World. Yoshi's Island is horribly slow, if you can get it to work at a"

Do you have a supercard? Have you bought a supercard and tried it and it hasnt work? if you just read it somewhere then... shut your trap about it since you dont actually HAVE it.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't mean it in the sense that its not a good product because it is. I, and 99% of you, were hoping it would have been more then just good. I wouldn't trade my SuperCard miniSD for an M3 ever. I just think there is so much more they could have done to make the Lite version better. They could have added faster ram, added colors and a DS Phat case, and a new graphical touch screen interface. That would have made it the ultimate SuperCard!

And I hate when people throw out that its not a GBA cart. Well they need to stop selling that as GBA support is horrible. Every game I have tried has slowdown and fading. I don't play a lot og GBA games but they could have tried to make it work better with the Lite version.

And the SuperCard Lite is an improvement but only in the sense that they made it fit flush in the DS Lite. Other then that it runs like the SuperCard miniSD/SD version. With my SuperCard miniSD and ATP 150X 2GB miniSD all games even Animal Crossing and the Castlevania movie run flawless. So the only thing they really improved upon is being able to have less slowdown with the slower microSD cards. I mean some of you have to have been disappointed to learn GBA still sucks and its only in one color?!

FifthE1ement

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.