new super monkey ball game announced

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Sega have revealed a new Super Monkey Ball game for Wii. Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll will be released early in 2010 and will use the Balance Board.

This means you'll be able to stand on the Balance Board and lean left and right to tilt the stage and make your monkey roll.

We can see AiAi rolling along a pathway in the teaser trailer, desperately try to stay on course. Then he speeds off along the course before falling off!

So it looks like it will be similar to previous Monkey Ball games, only with Balance Board control. We can expect plenty of mini games too.

Sega are promising to reveal more information next month but you can read a preview of Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll in issue 46 of Official Nintendo Magazine which goes on sale on 31 July.

source: ONM

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so this is what the SEGA.com/Jackpot website was all about
smile.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't they been announcing this for like a year?

Here is a better source which has a trailer.

Games are usually worse with the balance board.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian said:

Your doing it ALL wrong!

Get the missus or kids or yourself to stand on the balance board and don't move .... and get anyone else around you to push you backwards and forwards and side to side in the directions needed to go in the game!

Makes it much more fun and interesting ... It's even more mad fun being off your face on your chosen liquid/substance!
smile.gif

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
Hadrian said:

Your doing it ALL wrong!

Get the missus or kids or yourself to stand on the balance board and don't move .... and get anyone else around you to push you backwards and forwards and side to side in the directions needed to go in the game!

Makes it much more fun and interesting ... It's even more mad fun being off your face on your chosen liquid/substance!
smile.gif

Screw Microsoft's project Natal!
With the balance board you can have your friends use YOU as the controller!
So essentially you've just turned yourself into a large analog stick....
controling the same thing a real analog stick could do, but with more feely touchy....
well, if you are surrounded by hot chicks, why not.

Anyone else think the Monkey Ball games just keep getting brighter and brighter?
Not to mention they were never really as good as the original two made by Sega's AV(Amusment Vision) team.

Still, what would make it pure awesome would be a level creator, part creation, monkey creation, ball customizing/painting/stickers, and lots of downloadable stff online.
Cause the game is kinda starting to get really old now. Everyone knows what the monkey ball is, its time to evolve the series correctly.

As for the Balance board.... no interest.
Just the same good game concept with a board and probably alot less levels like the last Wii one had.

I really think the last Wii version kinda ruined alot of good points the first two had.
Like the backgrounds in one and two were great, I could swear the ball was gonna fall in the waterfall. The Wii one though kinda made the backgrounds very flat and uninteresting.

I really hope they return the game back to its arcade feel. As it was an arcade game the first time after all.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shadow1w2 said:
Screw Microsoft's project Natal!
With the balance board you can have your friends use YOU as the controller!
So essentially you've just turned yourself into a large analog stick....
controling the same thing a real analog stick could do, but with more feely touchy....
well, if you are surrounded by hot chicks, why not.

that's exactly it!!!

....Yeah last good Monkeyball I played was with the SEGA SUPERSTARS EYETOY for PS2 not quite balance board material but using your body to roll around with your self in the ball was kinda cool!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.