Tobynator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys,

since the first time, I´ve played NSMBW, I hated the possibility to play as the Toads as the 3rd and 4th player.
Cause of that, I retextured the Mario and the Luigi model as the "bad brothers" to implement them in the game.
My idea is to change the models with the Toad models, change the audio files and the status icons to make them available in the game.
But here comes the point, were I could need some helf, if someone has interested in it.....

1. I´ve found an Ocarina Code, a few weeks ago. This code makes mario thicker or thiner. I saw a screenshoot and it looked perfect for a Wario or Waluigi mod.
But I can´t find the code again. Maybe somebody has it?

Found it...
0554B8E0 XXXXXXXX

2. Because the Ocarina codes just change some hexa-codes in the game, I hope it is possible to implement the code constantly to the game without always starting ocarine before.
But I´ve no progging skills
frown.gif

3. I´ve found the textures for the heads in the status bar, but if I edit and repack them, the programm crashes on showing the new textures. But I doent know why...
Which programm is the best for doing this? I´m using SZS modifier right now....

4. Here´s the big problem....
My first idea was to dublicate the model file for mario and the file for luigi and just rename them to the toads. But there where no toad file in the directory. The Toads are calling Kinopio in asia. I found a file but in the file is one model with 2 parts of textures. One for the blue- and one for the yellow Toad. Thats bad.... Because now theres no chance to just change the filenames. But maybe its possible to add my models as new files in the game. Maybe as a patch or a hack, but I´ve no idea if its possible and if its possible, how to do that.

You see, this is a little project with big problems
wink.gif

Maybe someone could help me....

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ASM patching should do the trick for problem 4.... as for problem 3... Have you replaced them with wiiscrubber? That should make it work... Not Sure... But for problem 2... hmm... I'm not to sure about problem 2... Maybe ASM patching might just do the trick... Not sure...

Tobynator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey Godson777,

thanks for your involvement.

ASM patching sounds good, but I´ve no knowledge in programming. Here´s the point were I need help from someone.
I didn´t replaced them with Wiiscrubber yet, because SZS modifier shows me errors by replacing the images. I think its not possible yet. I´ve testet to replace the Mario icon with the same icon and there was the problem again. Maybe SZS modifier can´t read the file correctly, at the moment. Later I´ll try to scrub the files and tell what happened

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can fix all of your problems (minus the crashing) quite easily.

For the actual model, make it multiple layers.

Wario is fat and Waluigi is thin. "Merge" the 2 and make the "fat" transparent in Waluigi's textures, and make it normal in Warios.

IE: Toad1 is Wario texture + Wario Model + extra layer of stomach transparent.
Toad2 is Waluigi texture + Wario Model + first layer of stomach transparent.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a post by someone awhile ago. Both toads share the same texture file. While you can change their colors seperately, you can only change them completly together. In other words, if you replaced one with a different character, you changed both to that character. Unless someone found away to fix this.

Tobynator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I´ve no possibility to capture a screenshot, but here are my Mario and Luigi files, retextured as Wario and Waluigi, if someone wants to test them...

Mario
Luigi

Tobynator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
rizzod said:
wait, so these are just retextures?

Yes, they are just retextured, because I´ve no idea to fix the Toad-model problem...
After its possible to change the models I´ll try to mod the Wario and Waluigi model. After that I change the sound files and then the status-icons

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, what a great idea! I'm actually surprised that this wasn't the original idea that Nintendo had in mind.

thchang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i always think nintendo didn't do well in this super mario bro wii
there's in so many ideas they can put in but they didn't

e.g there's nothing happen after finish world 9
they should've give you peach to use after world 8
and give you bowser after world 9

darkly77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh no way! I just spent the past few days making a Wario skin!! This one looks GORGEOUS, especially Waluigi. How did you colour the yellow on Wario's clothes? turning them purple was hard enough...

The only thing i did differently was modify his face so his eyes and mouth are much bigger and more pronounced: http://www.mediafire.com/?jnhqtc1iggn

Tobynator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
darkly77 said:
How did you colour the yellow on Wario's clothes? turning them purple was hard enough...

If you use Photoshop, its very simple, but I only could explain the function in german...
But there should be something like "change colors" there you can select one color and change it in the picture

Mordred

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry for the necroing and obvious noobyness, but I don't know how to use these at all. What do I save them as, do I have to put it on the original wii disk or do I have to somehow download it to the wii, etc?

Also does anyone have screenshots?

vazocazo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mordred said:
I'm sorry for the necroing and obvious noobyness, but I don't know how to use these at all. What do I save them as, do I have to put it on the original wii disk or do I have to somehow download it to the wii, etc?

i think i can solve your prob you maybe have to go on internet on the wii

Lokao0

aka LkProd
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
vazocazo said:
Mordred said:

i think i can solve your prob you maybe have to go on internet on the wii

*FACEPALM*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1