ROM Hack New Super Mario Bros. U Max

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And you didn't even ask. What if I don't want that? Actually I don't want you to use it.
Why?!
I mean, he credited you for that, and there is no harm in it.
I would be honered to have people using stuff that I created.

Sorry Im will post on 09/02
Time is not in my favor! ;)

Don't worry bro ;)
One step at a time, you don't need to hurry.

The whole concept of your hack is pretty amazing.
I'm really excited to see what will come from your hack.

Reactions: SKJmin

SKJmin

Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
I would be honered to have people using stuff that I created
+1

Once, I saw a spanish Youtube channel, where a guy hacked MY hack xD
Using my tilesets, my ingame fonts etc. (without giving credit of course)
It's ok, I don't see any reason to bitch around, more the opposite, it's cool to see that someone liked it! (or some Let's Player)

I'm getting credited in almost each "popular" NSMB hack... Believe me, I often asked myself why I'm getting credited...
Some jealousy guys say... I'm using crappy "original" tilesets, my level-designs are bad, my levels too hard, star coins hidden for cyborgs... etc.
So I was wondering, WHY me?

Now I know it! :) I'm the MAIN source for inspiration...
My trailer has almost 1,100,000 views on Youtube (that's hilarious)
Some guys call me even "god" (or Voldemort xD) [lol?]

I said this often, I was inspired from the great "gridatttack", when I saw his hack, I just thought WOW!! (and jeggbert5 too to be honest)
So I'm giving credit to them EVERYTIME, because they are the roots of NSMB3!! Without these guys, you never would know "SKJmin"...

Sorry Im will post on 09/02
Time is not in my favor!
It's ok man!!^^ Just do it when you have time :)
I can't wait to see your screenshots!!
(PS: Never show any stolen stuff, JUST RELEASE, then it's not reversible ;))

Farewell
SKJmin, loved by few, hated by many, respected by all!!

Reactions: Deleted-236924

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
looks good.
please, dont put shitloads of enemies in a row, a bunch of other hacks had this problem: 6 goomba stacks or 8 piranha plant pipes in a row.

D

Deleted-236924

Dude you shouldn't use anything from "ADV" - Bros.!!
It's always better to have an own "originality" :)

You can use everything from my hack, especially the "earthquake effects" - "idea" *...*
But then it doesn't have its own "originality" if he uses stuff from your hack.

SKJmin

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
But then it doesn't have its own "originality" if he uses stuff from your hack.
It's always better to use the own throughts and ideas, but when you add and add so many things you get out of ideas...
Except when you need 3 years for 80 courses :)
I couldn't make 80 different courses (including challenges)

I'm not the designer guy, more the challenger :)

Ray =D

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have my reasons why I don't want people to use my stuff. For example, they are lazy as hell. I spent a lot of time doing Adventure Super Mario Bros and then a stranger comes along and steals my stuff without asking and WORKING. It's like stealing a Homepage or something. Anyways, this is going way too offtopic.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, I sense a flame war incoming.

Bottom line, people have different opinions, values, deal with it, etc., etc.

Back on topic.

Has any progress been made yet, or is this hack going to end up in the pile of forever unfinished, abandoned NSMB hacks?

I hope you're planning on balancing remade content with your own content, because there are too many hacks out there that are just straight-up ports of other Mario games.

(Of 6 NSMB hacks finished and released, my two are the only original ones (by that I mean not remakes), and one of them is plain sh*t anyway)

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I have my reasons why I don't want people to use my stuff. For example, they are lazy as hell. I spent a lot of time doing Adventure Super Mario Bros and then a stranger comes along and steals my stuff without asking and WORKING. It's like stealing a Homepage or something. Anyways, this is going way too offtopic.
You hacked a game so that people could get more enjoyment from it, then you go Buzz Killington on others wanting to do the same thing. Just take the stick out of your ass and let the guy use your damn shell, at least he credited you for it―which is more than you'd get from some people.

SKJmin

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
...because there are too many hacks out there that are just straight-up ports of other Mario games.
(Of 6 NSMB hacks finished and released, my two are the only original ones (by that I mean not remakes), and one of them is plain sh*t anyway)
When it's a good "remake", then it's always welcome!
I personally think, thast the most important thing of a remake is that the remake has advanced "old" courses!
For example som added pipes who lead to a new content or a challenge!
Making a 1:1 is by far the most stupid thing which can be made...
[Look at OoT3D, one of my most dissapointed games]

And adding some own courses to the remaked ones is a great politure :)

You hacked a game so that people could get more enjoyment from it, then you go Buzz Killington on others wanting to do the same thing. Just take the stick out of your ass and let the guy use your damn shell, at least he credited you for it―which is more than you'd get from some people.
You definetely earn an award man :D

Yes, I sense a flame war incoming.
This is the best he can get, the more are visiting and reading these "comments", the more popular will its hack, because people want see its content and gameplay asap :)
And I don't see any offence against anybody here, and this is not going off-topic because it's a content of his hack :)

Ray =D

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm yeah, you are talking about DOING the same. Not stealing. If he asked, I wouldn't have a problem with this. Anyways, I don't give a shit about ASMB anymore, since I stopped it a while ago. He should ask dirbaio first, if he can use the ASM hack, too.

JooNascimentoRue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did not ask for the same Dirbaio, but because I did not want him to fly.
I wanted something different in my hack, something that would be marked in the history of the NSMB Hacking.
I was a big fan of yours, but now I realize how their personality is different than what I expected.
And by the way but I will not need your "Flying shell", I will not need to hack something you "touched"

Thanks to everyone who stood by my side.

SKJmin

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
I did not ask for the same Dirbaio, but because I did not want him to fly.
I wanted something different in my hack, something that would be marked in the history of the NSMB Hacking.
I was a big fan of yours, but now I realize how their personality is different than what I expected.
And by the way but I will not need your "Flying shell", I will not need to hack something you "touched"

Thanks to everyone who stood by my side.
Don't be sad man, this is the internet :)

I'm interested in your hack, and I'm sure A LOT OF OTHERS too!
Just shit on the "flying" Koopa Shells and make your own things!
The best way to make "history" is to make everything on your own! :)

Once your hack is finished I will help you to make it popular!
(releasing a trailer on my Youtube channel for example)

JUST FINISH IT FIRST!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: