DNA-Trainer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone.
I'm new to all the "modifying swtich" stuff, but i am familiar in editing code of a game and savefiles.
Some may know me as i made a couple of Gametrainers for PC games.
Long story short, i decided to make a Saveditor for New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
and this is what i've done so far.

Version 1.2
  • Added the option to unlock all levels
  • Added the option to edit Super Luigi U Deluxe savegame
Version 1.1
  • Added option to start with a super star

Options
  • Edit Lives
  • Edit starting character
  • Edit actual equipped power up
  • Edit Inventory
  • Get all Star Coins (you have to finish one level)
  • Disable "Quick Save" (You can save the game the "normal" way anywhere. No more Quick Save

Information
  • If you open a savefile, the editor will ask you to create a backup and it will show you the
    path for the backup.
  • The editor will look for any updates on startup. If there is a new version, you will get a message (needs active internet connection)
  • You have to save each slot seperately
  • If you encounter any errors, please let me know.

Following options are working on my test-editor and will be implemented in future releases
  • Select which baby yoshi will start with you the level
  • Select to start with a Super Star

Following options are planned
  • Unlock all levels
  • Modify savegames of Luigi game

Nothing more to say here, except of ..
have fun ;)

Attachments

• NSMBUD-SE.zip
    334.2 KB · Views: 2,047
Last edited by DNA-Trainer,

DNA-Trainer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I already made a version for EdiZon even earlier than the PC one.
Some features are missing in the EdiZon version like "Get all Star Coins", they'll
be implemented in the next EdiZon update.
Just go to the official EdiZon github repo and download the latest release.

Reactions: juccatan

juccatan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already made a version for EdiZon even earlier than the PC one.
Some features are missing in the EdiZon version like "Get all Star Coins", they'll
be implemented in the next EdiZon update.
Just go to the official EdiZon github repo and download the latest release.
Thanks for letting me know.

DNA-Trainer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
nice job, i used the edizon script.
its very similar to what you made.
but i did this with the script, i forced the super crown on mario lmao the results are weird

Yeah, this is funny. I made both, the edizon script and the PC version, thats why they are similar ;)
But don't try this with one of the toads, or the game will crash, that's why I removed this option from the PC version of the editor.

Last edited by DNA-Trainer,
D

Deleted User

Yeah, this is funny. I made both, the edizon script and the PC version, thats why they are similar ;)
But don't try this with one of the toads, or the game will crash, that's why I removed this option from the PC version of the editor.
lmao, and nice job with the edizon script. i wonder why it only crashes with the toads, honestly i thought nabbit would have crashed, but it just refuses any item if its forced

DNA-Trainer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Update available, see first port for changes.
Just start the editor you'll get an update message.

If all goes well, you will be able to unlock every level right from the start with the next release.

DNA-Trainer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys. I'm working on the "unlock all levels" option and therefore I need some save files. Doesn't matter how far you are in the game. Would be great if some of you could upload your files (short comment how far you are please, e.g. W4-4)or send them via discord DNA#9641

Reactions: Powerful

juccatan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I'm working on the "unlock all levels" option and therefore I need some save files. Doesn't matter how far you are in the game. Would be great if some of you could upload your files (short comment how far you are please, e.g. W4-4)or send them via discord DNA#9641
I have a 100% New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U save right here. The only thing not 100% are the challenges. :)

Attachments

• NSMBU+NSLU 100%.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 372
Reactions: Powerful

DNA-Trainer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Will it be possible to use Miis in the main game at some point with this ?
No, this won't be possible.
But there is a new update, now you can unlock all levels and you can modify the savegame of the Luigi game.
Just start the editor and you will get a message to update the editor.

sylert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a very strange issue with my game, I've tried re-installing and deleting the save game data multiple times but every time I load the game, and am on the character select (Mario in my case) he doesn't show up (when the character falls from the top of the screen)...the game automatically starts with Nabbit, flashing with a star...99 lives and is all messed up. If i choose the "invisible mario" the game crashes. I know if you have the crown on with him his head will disappear or some glitch, but he doesnt even show up when I scroll to his name. But again I deleted all save game data, ive even re-injected other peoples save files but the game just doesn't work right and always starts with nabbit regardless which character I choose....I'm using edizon to modify the save game file, and stupidly never backed up an original. Does anyone have a save game file with like nothing in the game done so I can try to start this whole process over, or any advice on how to resolve this issue? Id appreciate it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-