Hacking New Super Mario Bros Poll: How it works for you

Does the game work for you via a disc loader?

  • yes (NO chip)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no (NO chip)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes (chip)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no (chip)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • never tried

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

Millionaire2K

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
47
Trophies
0
Age
39
Location
Norristown PA
XP
157
Country
United States
With so many people just randomlly posting what works for them and what does not, I figured a poll would be a good way to see how the game is workng.

No replys NEEDED just poll data!
 

s3phir0th115

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
728
Trophies
0
XP
803
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
You do realize anyone who votes in this either:

1) Bought the game from a store who released it early, in short, illegally.

2) Pirated the game.

So? It's no different from any of the topics saying how to get it to work with cheat codes, executable patching, or Neogamma betas.
 

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Joined
Jun 13, 2009
Messages
978
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
-7
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
You do realize anyone who votes in this either:

1) Bought the game from a store who released it early, in short, illegally.

2) Pirated the game.

Do you realize:
1: Nobody gives a fuck
and 2: Nobody thinks any better of you because youre against piracy, get that thru your head. NO ONE CARES ILLINIALEX, it doesnt make you a saint, it makes us think your a rich kid with tons of money to blow, so what dude.
do you realize tht probbly 99% of ppl pirate their games, yeah its not new its called the internet big fucking deal man
 

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Joined
Oct 14, 2007
Messages
4,349
Trophies
0
Age
39
Location
Pto. Vallarta
XP
292
Country
Mexico
the FW of your Wii has nothing to do with getting it to work or not, it is simple:

SOFTMOD:
Use a loader with the fix included (NeoGamma = DVD SD USB, CFG and WiiFlow = USB SD).
Use the patched .dol around here or at your warez provider of choice and enable the alt.dol on your loader.
Use the cheat of the "CRACKING" thread (only for DVD users).

MODCHIP:
Patch the .iso with the patched main.dol using WiiScrubber and trucha bug with DOP-IOS the IOS53 and the IOS of your SysMenu (3.2 = 30, 3.4 = 50, etc etc etc...).
Use the cheat of the "CRACKING" thread (GeckOS will do).
USE NEOGAMMA for crying out loud...!!!
 

illinialex24

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 26, 2009
Messages
968
Trophies
0
Location
The Midwest
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
78
Country
United States
TRushInfo said:
illinialex24 said:
You do realize anyone who votes in this either:

1) Bought the game from a store who released it early, in short, illegally.

2) Pirated the game.

Do you realize:
1: Nobody gives a fuck
and 2: Nobody thinks any better of you because youre against piracy, get that thru your head. NO ONE CARES ILLINIALEX, it doesnt make you a saint, it makes us think your a rich kid with tons of money to blow, so what dude.
do you realize tht probbly 99% of ppl pirate their games, yeah its not new its called the internet big fucking deal man

Dude, do you realize that I have 55 dollars cash on me (overall), I've spent 1000 dollars on games, and I have no access to more funds for the coming month. And I'm gonna buy this game. So shut the fuck up about being poor because guess what, I'm not rich atm, but I buy it anyway.

I'm not against pirating for moral concerns, I'm against it for economic concerns. Pirating has a negative externality (if you have no idea what that is, get a brain) on the video game industry in this case and although for the Wii it is less of an issue for Nintendo of America (the are known for not loss leading their system, meaning they profit for each Wii sold, unlike Sony, which has significant losses from each PS3 sold) than it is for Sony, but it is still a major issue and it significantly reduces profit margins for game developers, which causes less incentive to build the games.

The leaking of this game before launch should drastically cut early profit margins which could have a huge negative externality on the Nintendo Entertainment Analysis and Development division, which could lead to inferior Mario games in the future and likely will reduce spending on future games.

Obviously, there are a few methods to deal with piracy:

1). Internalize the externality

Basically, have pirates pay the developers. For obvious reasons, this will not work.

2). Use a medium tricky to pirate.

N64 carttridges, need an explanation?

3). Use software methods to make it difficult to pirate games on the system.

PS3 with allowing Linux on older models as well as its strong piracy protection. The Wii should have used a USB Loading system for games or allowed it with similar copy protection to VC/WiiWare.

4). Restrict access to features so it is difficult to pirate the system

In short, if the Wii had no SD card or USB slots, it would be almost impossible to pirate. Also, restricting access to the internet in addition to these methods would highly reduce piracy. It would also reduce the appeal of the system.

5). Make the hardware more difficult to use pirated discs from

D3-2.

Now that you've been proven to break the law, where should I send the authorities?

EDIT: Also, the idea that 99% of people pirate games, except maybe on this site, is an exaggeration. Most people do not have modified systems.
 

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Joined
Oct 14, 2007
Messages
4,349
Trophies
0
Age
39
Location
Pto. Vallarta
XP
292
Country
Mexico
TRushInfo said:
Blah blah blah......

do you realize tht probbly 99% of ppl pirate their games, yeah its not new its called the internet big fucking deal man

So untrue, if this was the case, no one would make a game cause then it is not f***ing bussines for the developers, publishers, retailers, etc etc etc, if you ment 99% of the GBATemp users, I might believe this statement, but still is far from the truth...!!
lecture.gif
 

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Joined
Jun 13, 2009
Messages
978
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
-7
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
TRushInfo said:
illinialex24 said:
You do realize anyone who votes in this either:

1) Bought the game from a store who released it early, in short, illegally.

2) Pirated the game.

Do you realize:
1: Nobody gives a fuck
and 2: Nobody thinks any better of you because youre against piracy, get that thru your head. NO ONE CARES ILLINIALEX, it doesnt make you a saint, it makes us think your a rich kid with tons of money to blow, so what dude.
do you realize tht probbly 99% of ppl pirate their games, yeah its not new its called the internet big fucking deal man

Dude, do you realize that I have 55 dollars cash on me (overall), I've spent 1000 dollars on games, and I have no access to more funds for the coming month. And I'm gonna buy this game. So shut the fuck up about being poor because guess what, I'm not rich atm, but I buy it anyway.

I'm not against pirating for moral concerns, I'm against it for economic concerns. Pirating has a negative externality (if you have no idea what that is, get a brain) on the video game industry in this case and although for the Wii it is less of an issue for Nintendo of America (the are known for not loss leading their system, meaning they profit for each Wii sold, unlike Sony, which has significant losses from each PS3 sold) than it is for Sony, but it is still a major issue and it significantly reduces profit margins for game developers, which causes less incentive to build the games.

The leaking of this game before launch should drastically cut early profit margins which could have a huge negative externality on the Nintendo Entertainment Analysis and Development division, which could lead to inferior Mario games in the future and likely will reduce spending on future games.

Obviously, there are a few methods to deal with piracy:

1). Internalize the externality

Basically, have pirates pay the developers. For obvious reasons, this will not work.

2). Use a medium tricky to pirate.

N64 carttridges, need an explanation?

3). Use software methods to make it difficult to pirate games on the system.

PS3 with allowing Linux on older models as well as its strong piracy protection. The Wii should have used a USB Loading system for games or allowed it with similar copy protection to VC/WiiWare.

4). Restrict access to features so it is difficult to pirate the system

In short, if the Wii had no SD card or USB slots, it would be almost impossible to pirate. Also, restricting access to the internet in addition to these methods would highly reduce piracy. It would also reduce the appeal of the system.

5). Make the hardware more difficult to use pirated discs from

D3-2.

Now that you've been proven to break the law, where should I send the authorities?

EDIT: Also, the idea that 99% of people pirate games, except maybe on this site, is an exaggeration. Most people do not have modified systems.

Ok it seems you missed the point of my post, which is NOBODY CARES! ok? I didnt even read your reply, well ok 3 sentences of it, n then i scrolled down and saw im not against piracy im against.. WHO CARES!!!!! this is New super mario bros poll: how does it work for you. Its not illinialex thoughts on life and piracy and the economy. I hope you feel better after typing all that cause im not even gonna read it lol, thats how much ppl care

BTW Ether: yes i meant gbatempers, but you know i didnt check my pie chart first so the figues may be a bit off....... WHY DO PPL TAKE THEMSELVES SO SERIOUSLY HERE?????????
 

Julian Sidewind

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
125
Trophies
0
Age
33
Location
Canada
XP
180
Country
Canada
See, if trush didnt snap back so hard and just let the comment go there wouldnt be 2 pages of writing in this thread taking up space on ma internets. Just let shit go. If you say nobody cares what they think, what are the chances anybody cares what you think.
 

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Joined
Jun 13, 2009
Messages
978
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
-7
Country
United States
Id like to hope that people dont care, no sweat off my sack.




QUOTE said:
The leaking of this game before launch should drastically cut early profit margins which could have a huge negative externality on the Nintendo Entertainment Analysis
OMG thats the funniest thing ive read all day. allow me to retort, insert big business-ey sounding words here
 

illinialex24

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 26, 2009
Messages
968
Trophies
0
Location
The Midwest
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
78
Country
United States
TRushInfo said:
Id like to hope that people dont care, no sweat off my sack.


QUOTE said:
The leaking of this game before launch should drastically cut early profit margins which could have a huge negative externality on the Nintendo Entertainment Analysis
OMG thats the funniest thing ive read all day. allow me to retort, insert big business-ey sounding words here

Glad to see you passed Remedial Janitorial Skills 100.
 

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Joined
Jun 13, 2009
Messages
978
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
-7
Country
United States
lol riiiiite, when u realize i dont care what you think you just try to insult me lol. luckily for me im way too shallow to care what jigglypuff thinks of me. or is this the part where i type a huge 2 pager that explains my intelligence and my official stance on the abortion of gay children. get bent its okay, Im sure someone out there really thinks youre a great person. on another note though heres a riddle.

What has two thumbs and doesnt give a shit?

yay.gif
 

illinialex24

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 26, 2009
Messages
968
Trophies
0
Location
The Midwest
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
78
Country
United States
TRushInfo said:
lol riiiiite, when u realize i dont care what you think you just try to insult me lol. luckily for me im way too shallow to care what jigglypuff thinks of me. or is this the part where i type a huge 2 pager that explains my intelligence and my official stance on the abortion of gay children. get bent its okay, Im sure someone out there really thinks youre a great person. on another note though heres a riddle.

What has two thumbs and doesnt give a shit?

yay.gif

Trust me, you don't wanna be Bob Kelso...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnop4eqmqRQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-DYoLA-KzE
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
    M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ: @Veho, Will it be possible to install Linux over Windows?