New Super Mario Bros on WiiKey

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by mrgiba, Feb 24, 2012.

Feb 24, 2012
  1. mrgiba
    OP

Newcomer mrgiba Newbie

Brazil
    Hi, ​

I've been reading a lot of posts in the last few days, looking for something to help me on my current struggle to make New Super Mario Bros work. I recently got a Wii ​
    with wiikey but I have no idea what its firmware​
    version is - it's at least 1.9g, given that Mario Galaxy runs. I suspect it's a clone chip, because I get that "Test Failed. Check your connections and try again" on running both 1.9s and 1.99 update discs ​

I already tried the patched and the non patched NSMB discs - the former goes to black screen after some minutes and the latter causes an error as soon as it's inserted in the drive ​

After all, is there any way to run NSMB with wiikey in a firmware older that 1.99 ? One more thing: wii​
    system menu version is 4.3u​

Thanks​

2. manuel1984

Member manuel1984 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    if the latest Firmware from www.wiikey.cn does not work on your wiikey there is no possibilitiy to run it.
    your only choice is to get a real and original modchip or to softmod your wii.I would choose the modchip, but most people here would choose the softmod alternative...and as the wii is almost dead now...make a softmod