Hacking New Super Mario Bros Omega

Dark Bowser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this web page and I love the ideas they have, PLEASE USE AS MUCH OF THE IDEAS AS POSSIBLE!

New Super Mario Bros. Wii Omega

dont just edit stuff, add new things, like new bosses, new sprites, new power ups, new movie clips even! This isn't Edited New Super Mario Bros, its NewER Super Mario Bros. Wii.People are not going to use some remade game that they can make themselves with Reggie, I've seen the trailers, wrap around levels, replaced music, blablablablablablah. We need some thing more fun, not harder. In the link above they plan to use enemies from other games and power ups related to the original ones. I would be glad to help this project become what it needs to be, although I will only contribute ideas. Idea #1 has just been said. to bad its too late, maybe another game I suppose, mayby not, who am I kidding, of course not, just some Ideas.P.S.: I didn't make this site.
754px-BoombaTroopa.png

Omega191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Omega here. You cannot claim that this is Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii's successor, because 1) It's not 2) You are not on the Newer team 3) Newer isn't even out yet.

With lot's of love,

Omega.

PS: I am honoured that you named the mod after me.

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please list your area of expertise Dark Bowser.

hard to get people to join you if you don't bring anything to the table.

mostly I mean, if/since you can't do asm hacks, why would people join you on this project that will NEVER be finished or good

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well from what I could remember of the original 3 games 4 the NES they were both challenging in there own right alone I mea DAMN!! Also take a look at the New Super Mario Bros. 3 game 4 the DS screenshot wise that's bad ass!!!

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
its a fanfiction site there is nobody working on that game
and to add all that stuff is a very tall order to make the 3d models get them showing in game
and make them work right would be extremely difficult
considering theres no easy way to even edit the world map yet

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont see any proof that even the slightest bit of work has been done on this game. a few photoshopped images and some ideas dont make it a game, or even a remote possibility.

DukeDizko

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow! Would anyone pleae tell me something about this site he linked to? I mean wtf, it was weird and hilarious, they are talking about non-existing games and even hardware "Nintendo VR"" Those Weirdos have waaaay too much time as it seems... I hate it!

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice if at least one of these revisions of NSMB could be released before somebody announces another one. There must be a dozen by now.

EDIT: Okay, that was just a bizarre. A whole website of fake Nintendo games and systems. WTH.

Dark Bowser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This Game is not real, these are just some ideas.

Found it on a website and thought it would be pretty cool to share with Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii, but since they are so far ahead and they are not taking ideas anymore, I made a new thread to show others. I agree this is nowhere near becoming a reality, they are just some ideas.
mellow.gif
That site is actually made by hundreds of people, so at least its not only one person wasting their life.
yay.gif

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not that Newer isn't taking ideas anymore, more that we have what we need to finish our game, now we just need to finish it. I'm sure we will still think up some new ideas and things before all is said and done but some (many) of them ideas on that forum are just bad. I would vote NO to many of their ideas (personally) even if we were capable of implementing them, many we are, many we are not.

We will, however, have more then enough major changes to things that satisfies every member on our team. But really there only 'needs' to be a couple changes, retail New Super Mario Bros Wii is a very fun and awesome game, with a load of content barely touched. If you can't make an awesome level, or game, out of what retail has to offer, you are not trying hard enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now +1