M tha MaN

Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Germany
jceggbert5 said:
He said a couple pages back that he didn't know...

That's why i asked because a couple pages back was a couple days/weeks ago
wink.gif

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe it would be a good idea to mirror the sprite of the castle at the start of the level too. That would make it look a bit more professional. Also, I don't think those clouds you used there are that great (they just look out of place if you know what I mean.) Take no offense though, just giving you some tips here.

gridatttack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Demonbart said:
Maybe it would be a good idea to mirror the sprite of the castle at the start of the level too. That would make it look a bit more professional. Also, I don't think those clouds you used there are that great (they just look out of place if you know what I mean.) Take no offense though, just giving you some tips here.
What sprite? So then what is better? Nothing as background(only black) or clouds?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
Maybe it would be a good idea to mirror the sprite of the castle at the start of the level too. That would make it look a bit more professional.He means like this:
XUs4Z.jpg

QUOTE(Demonbart @ Jan 15 2010, 11:49 AM) Also, I don't think those clouds you used there are that great (they just look out of place if you know what I mean.) Take no offense though, just giving you some tips here.
I agree... the clouds are a bit too 8-bit for me
tongue.gif

Your other "modernized 8-bit" graphics are great, these just feel too cut/pasted from the old game.
You should use a recolored version of the bush sprite for the clouds
biggrin.gif

gridatttack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Ahh that. Yes I do plan to mirror the castle. The clouds are a little recolored. Only gray levels uses the 8-bit ground.

Also new backgrounds!

New night background. What do you think?(the stars move left, little stars move slower, while bigger ones faster{stars dont blink})
nighted.png

newnight.png

Thanks to ttower11

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
night background is perfect! i still think you should re-do the grey levels, the 8-bit aint that inviting!

it should be grey, just renewed! make it ... rocky like the original but with nsmb style.
i would gladly make it for you if you want me too. i am a spriter after all ( Leader of the New SSB Clash Sprite Team)

gridatttack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Range-TE said:
night background is perfect! i still think you should re-do the grey levels, the 8-bit aint that inviting!

it should be grey, just renewed! make it ... rocky like the original but with nsmb style.
i would gladly make it for you if you want me too. i am a spriter after all ( Leader of the New SSB Clash Sprite Team)

Ok. Cool! I dont know how to make it nsmb since is gray. Can you also make the smb1,lost levels terrain and a gray underwater block from smb1? Also Im going to remove the clouds since maybe were getting a background that fits in.

New screenshot for snow night:

nightsnow.png

Same here, stars move left.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
hey, im finished with the grey level sprites!

here's the Tile Set, choose one !
greylevelforgridattack.gif

i tried to make it look "Newer Retro"

and this is the BG i made
greylevelbgforgridattac.gif

i did the clouds in the same manner as the classic; Mirroring

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Range-TE: Those look great!
@gridattack: I'm really looking forward to this. Could you maybe update the first post with all screenshots and movies you have so far, in spoilers if possible, that'll make it look more organized. Anyways, best of luck on this project!

gridatttack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Range TE@ I like the one thats at the upper left. Those clouds looks good, I like them! But move the clouds lower so in the game can be seen. That may be the Layer 2 since we got a grey hills BG that are identical to the ones used in mushrooms levels(just grey{maybe the gray hills bg may be not used}). Just gonna show them to the other people in this project on how they look how and then what can be improved(if the case). For me there are awesome!
yay.gif

Demonbart@ How do I put the spoilers in a post?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k