Hardware New Super Mario Bros' biggest mystery: Who voiced the "BAH, BAAH!" SFX?

CupheadtheCritic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Now, the overworld theme from NSMB and NSMBW has been a meme lately. However, I can't figure out who was responsible for the sound effect. I mean Koji Kondo deals with music, not SFX, so he was out. But I hit a wall. The sound effect is the CHORUS of the Overworld Theme, but none of the VAs behind the sound were credited, so I thought that it's time to dig. You know, figure it all out. I'll edit this for each piece of evidence I manage to find.
First piece of evidence (Not very helpful): https://www.tumblr.com/secretexit/149971500636/the-bah-bah-sound-effect-in-the-new-super-mario

Found it. It was a voice pak.

Last edited by CupheadtheCritic,

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's most likely an existing sample from a keyboard or something since most nintendo games that have sequenced tracks just use existing samples, and it's just the same "bah" played twice. Maybe someday those guys that dig into sound libraries to find uncompressed game instruments will come across it

CupheadtheCritic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
It's most likely an existing sample from a keyboard or something since most nintendo games that have sequenced tracks just use existing samples, and it's just the same "bah" played twice. Maybe someday those guys that dig into sound libraries to find uncompressed game instruments will come across it
Are you bloody sure about that? Because I've been digging for its origins.

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
haaa that's awesome, I always wondered how these sound guys dig up the most random and obscure CDs to source their instruments. Do they pay royalties for all of this stuff?
Technically they already paid royalties for buying these kinds of sound/texture libraries since they're usually sold on CDs. By buying the CD or any other physical media these samples come from, you've got the rights to use, modify and restribute them in your own media.

Reactions: orangy57

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gkad you found it.... I love digging through sample packs for scratch noises.... This is going in the bank lol!

To go back to your point re Koji Kondo being out... He wrote the peice lol he would have inserted the bahs as part of the original arrangement and my guess is the dancing Koopas came after playthroughs either by himself or those ever so creative buggers at Nintendo with it being so catchy.

Again tho re the sample... If he used it then me must have credited it somewhere otherwise have you stumbled upon an infringement??? :evil: :ph34r:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-