New SNES RPG game, Mysterious Song

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by bradzx, Jan 30, 2014.

1. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    http://pikointeractive.com/blog/mysterious-song-a-new-rpg-for-snes-under-development/

Look interesting for new SNES RPG game.

Celice and XDel like this.
  2. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    You literally quote posted a whole news article. News or not, you need to follow the USN posting rules. That said... This looks pretty bad... Then again there is no battle footage so I cant make a serious judgement. But it looks like a NES game with slightly better graphics and MSpainted characters.

3. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    definitely doesn't look as polished as say pier solar which came out recently for the genesis.

4. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    it doesnt look very nice... the 'artwork' isnt very nice to look at, the graphics are pretty much... rpg maker standard.
    got to hope that the story saves it?

5. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    Um...*amen* It 20% Do you think that is really easy to make battle footage for 20%? ^^;

I don't think they have Genesis version yet.

6. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    If you're at 20% in development for a traditional turn based RPG and still do not have an even slightly functioning battle system you're doing something wrong.

Gahars and BortzANATOR like this.
  7. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    Don't get me wrong idea. I know what it meant. I see what I saw on video. So that is example of SNES version for working on.

8. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    I don't believe its a leap to compare whats doable on the genesis to the snes, but yes seeing as its nowhere near completion I won't judge.

9. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    To me, DOS games of the mid 90's onward really showed off the potential of what a CD based system with a decent graphics and sound chip could do. Though over shadowed by the Direct X and Win95 hype at the time, they to me were the dream realized that was never fully fulfilled on the Sega CD and Turbo CD.
    I don't recall if this DOS original was CD based or not, but this thread brought all that to mind and it is great to see a DOS classic come back to life. I'd love to see more of this, I.E. Anvil of Dawn.

10. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Thats kinda what the game is mostly about... unless this is fantasy bob's game.

11. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    Reminds me of how cheesy and bad the Lagoon port was for the SNES... but then again, that's part of why I still find the game to be so charming.

I'm lookin forward to this, along with any new titles people put out on their own. It's pretty cool--hopefully one day the last few generations can get homebrew as popular as it was for the various atari-age systems. There's still big scenes for these systems to this day.

12. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    Coming again for Fantasy Bob's game?

13. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    It looks like someone is trying to pass a Chinese bootleg off as an actual game, but without all the fun of nonsensical Engrish.

14. Walker D

Walker D I have a hat

Nov 15, 2009
    Brazil
    My home
    um.. the game looks much worst than I expected..

the sprites are generic and seems to be worst than RM2k lvl of sprites.. ..the animation sequences looked pointless and too long...

..well ..hope they can save it and make a fun game

15. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    Oooh, Bob's game! That was really something ;D

This looks like early SNES RPG, (almost NES), FFIV style.

16. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    The art is meh and where's the battle footage, the battle system makes and breaks RPGs for me.

17. Pikointeractive

Pikointeractive Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2013
    United States
    Hello guys,

Battle engine is done I just dont have the latest build of the game. We are 2 man team for now working on this, however I will add a pixel artist to help me retouch the game. And I DONT want to take 4 years to release this game, or add a whole computer's worth of custom hardware into the cart to make it show pretty graphics.

Since this game is a port of the Turbografx version, we have some limitations as what we can fix, retouch and upgrade, but we will do the best we can.

I plan on releasing both the original and the enhanced version. If you want more info about this game there is a Really good review of the TGFX version on youtube, it just gives some spoilers imo.

In other things, we are releasing Broken Circle and World Reborn for gba. And maanyyy more titles.

bradzx likes this.