redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
kpoman said:
@redia,
Thanks for doing that. I'll try again.

I just noticed that you are trying with RSBE01 while RSBP01.
maybe someone with the same release as your could test it to.

the thing my test shows is that this application has no problem in copying a dvd9 file.

I tested copying :
1. gamepartition only
2. all dvd

for the sake of it I also tested the extraction..
and it does not work. the dvd is not the correct size.
the application does not seem to be padding the file.

from a quick analysis here is what happens when I click on create iso :
1. create an padded empty iso file (dvd5 size)
2. starts to fill it with the information
if the original is a dvd5 we are good because it never reached the end of the created file, so it stays with the correct size, we end up with the equivalent of a scrubbed disc (I think)
if the original is a dvd9 when it reaches the end of the created file it continues writing... but as the information does not fill a full DVD9 the size is never correct

the problem is not in Prismx application itself, but in the wbfs_win part... it is not meant yet for dvd9.
i wonder if a version handles them.... will have to look
wink.gif

Cheers,
R

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaTaX said:
But, I've noticed a bug, if a file name has more then one "." in it, the program will not find them while recursing the ISO directory. Not sure if you were aware of it, but it was present in previous versions and is still there. If it's been brought up before I apologize!
This isn't accurate. I'm using v1.2.4 and it finds files with multiple .'s in them just fine. The only problem I just found is that it didn't find a file with a longer name that happened to also have multiple .'s in it. There's something more to it than simply .'s, because it only recognized this file after I shortened the name a lot, but then I renamed it with a much longer name and added in several more .'s and it still found it?

On another note, would it be possible to make the sort order ignore the case of the letters, so that de Blob is in with the rest of the D's instead of at the end of the list?

Oh, and what do the asterisks next to the game names indicate?

luke_70it

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is PrixM still active on this wonderful tool?

It will be wonderful to have some enhancement and a fix...

Enchancements:
1) ability to select different cover size for 2D and 3D covers. I use USB Loader GX, and I need 2d covers with size 160x224 and 3D covers with 176x248.
2) ability to choose to use 6 characters for discart names (standard for USB loader GX)
3) ability to rename wbfs games, and batchrename all games according to titles.txt entries
4) context menu

Fix:
1) sometimes 2D covers are stored in discart path
2) wbfs game names are truncated to character 36...

Ciao and thank you for this fantastic software!!
Luca

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just found out about this WFBS and it seems great! I haven't tested it yet (will when I get home), but from what I read in the Wiki it seems to be the only one that has every main feature!

Please PrixM, continue its development since it's a great project!

Thanks for your time very much!!!

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no .NET!? instantly sold, thank you very much
wink.gif

It looks awesome too.

edit: After some testing, I have 3 suggestions:
1. remember the window position
2. a feature to auto scan ISOs at startup.
3. an additional "Are you sure Yes/No" message box for the "Remove" feature ^^;

That's pretty much it, excellent work you did there, kudos
wink.gif

BoyNG

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
SidY.ru
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi, PrixM!
Your util. IMHO is the best from WFBS, but a little buggy...

Im try to use your wbfs (on "ScanISOs" operation), or try to translate on Russian (on Save operation) but get: Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument.

In WBFS Lng Edit.exe (Language Editor) Error when im try to use like last symbol in translation string - Cyrilic symbol - '?' (Alt+0255), and then try to Save.

Error in WBFS-GUI.exe when im try to "Scan ISO's" and when RAR option enable, scan get error on one RAR archive.

PS Please made main window more width or resizeble (if ISO name so long "% and time" in bottom status strin may trim (I mean on Add operation))

Good luck in development!
smile.gif

nubecoder

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
United States
1st I'd like to say your prog looks great.. Seems like the best one to use since it has all the features I've seen scattered around all in one package.

That being said.. I would really like to see the source released.
I'm mainly interested in the libwbfs and wbfs binary changes you have made / implemented.
I've been trying for the past few days to find some source for all the scattered features that are around.
I have yet to come across the WBFS -> cISO or the DVD -> WBFS sources.
I'm working on a small user friendly "no-frills" GUI and I'd really like to build a dll that has all of the best (newest) features.
I'm sure I'm not the only person that would like the source released (using multiple binaries for a single GUI sucks IMO).

Should I add the libwbfs is released under the GPLv2?
=]

-Off Topic-
What's with all this hate on .Net?
Vista comes with .Net so if you're running Vista, no problem there...
And for XP, may I recommend you get and install the silent installer (55.63 MB) found here (extract and run the "DotNetFX3in1.exe" found inside the SVCPACK folder).
It includes .Net 2.0 and Up and is only 55.63 MB (I will never use the M$ package to install again =]).

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Just wanted to say that this is a really fantastic manager! I have used it to send/extract multiple titles. I do have a small issue tho:

I wanted to rename a few games on the drive. I renamed a few (maybe 4) and I get a "Runtime Error 9" error afterward. The games renamed fine, but it seems I cannot rename more than a few without getting that error. I can also repeat the issue. So, I would have to be careful in how many I rename, exit the app, reload it, and continue renaming if I didn't want it to crash. Any idea? Is this still being worked on?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2nd issue:

Seems to have problems adding DVD9 titles...or at least the only available title in this format "Super Smash Bros Brawl". It completely goes through the motion of adding the game, but does not show up on the target WBFS drive when completed.

I am guessing that PrixM is no longer working on this project as nothing has been heard since May. I tried PM'ing, but no reply. For now I have to assume the project is dead. What a shame. Of every single non .net WBFS manager I have tried, this is the most complete. It is near perfect. Only that renaming issue and the SSBB adding issue as far as I can see. I still use it on a regular basis and will continue to do so since it is completely reliable otherwise, but I really wish I could see one more update with these two issues fixed. Oh well.

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adding SSBB worked perfectly fine here, DVD9 version.
I tried contacting PrixM too, no answers either.
I can't stand .NET so other GUIs are out of the question for me.
I hope he comes back some day for the little remaining issues, or just to say hi
wink.gif

Later,

TSR

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheShadowRunner said:
Adding SSBB worked perfectly fine here, DVD9 version.

It's weird. I tried a few times. It looks as if it is added, but when I load the usb loader it is not there, and when I go back and look in the GUI it isn't there. Might have something to do with a drive size incompatibility? I have a 1TB. Who knows...

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheShadowRunner said:
I doubt it's related in anyway to the hdd size.
Try to make a fresh dump yourself or grab something that can be trusted.. ^^;

Could be the dump. I dumped this originally from a retail disc....although it works just fine when added with WBFS Manager. I'll try either the original scene release or the newer v1.02 1up dump. Thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm using it from the start because it doesn't use .net, and it doesn't have a poor java look (I don't like the wbfs manager gui look).

I don't have any problem for what I'm using it (format, add, remove), except sometime at title listing I'm getting this error 9, and program close when I click OK.
I just restart it and it's working fine again.
It could be related to listing the iso on WBFS or on iso folder. maybe an array dimension error?

PrixM%20Wbfsgui%20error.png

I think 'indice' can be "subscript out of range"
Version 1.2.4

And the WBFS to WBFS option is only indirect (copy temporary cISO to c:.../temp), I would have appreciate if it was a direct copy, for speed process.
It could be great to have 2 WBFS drives listed on the same time and transfer on the fly.
I used Calimero's GUI instead for that feature.

Your gui doesn't seems to be actively developed anymore, but it's already working fine enough.
Thank you for your program, very easy and very useful
smile.gif

PS : DVD9 are working fine for me.

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice if you can add re-encrypting to the manager for people with decrypted isos. (early backup loaders used em) You can already re-encrypt em with bunpatcher But it'd be nice if your manager automated the process if it finds the iso is decrypted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: I asked one of my fave translators