Hacking New small Windows GUI for WFBS with advanced fetures

PrixM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks to all your nice comments.

It will take about 2 days until the next version.

The Biggest point in next version is Multilanguage support with Language pak creator tool.
So you could write your own language files in about 5 Minutes (depends on you :-)

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
PrixM said:
Thanks to all your nice comments.

It will take about 2 days until the next version.

The Biggest point in next version is Multilanguage support with Language pak creator tool.
So you could write your own language files in about 5 Minutes (depends on you :-)

PrixM,

great news,
if you want to pack a few languages with your install feel free to pm me the creator tool, or even simply the english file I will translate them for you.
this way you can directly include them in your next download.

Cheers,
R

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Sazzles said:
same goes for me ^^ feel free to pm

Prixm...

do you feel loved ??
wink.gif

R

Sazzles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've taken the liberty to make an english language pack too and get all the typo's out and some of the weird sentences. I'll upload that later together with the dutch one.

Tool seems to be working just fine although the radio buttons don't seem to allow you to add longer texts. Hope this isn't a problem in the actual release.

edit: same for the buttons apparently. Add -> Toevoegen gives a button with Toevoege and an N on the next line : <
edit2: Either there is something wrong with the save or with the load function. When I tried to alter something in an already saved pack, some stuff was the same as the old stuff. Not everything though. Really hope this is a bug in the load function so I don't have to restart : P PrixM, I'll copy paste this into the PM I'm sending you right now with a link to the packs.

Also, as a lovely tip to any future releases if you still feel like working on this amazing tool : )
-> When trying to translate it to dutch, I often had a small problem. Your program adds a word sometimes at the end of the sentence (like iso names etc). While this may be in the correct place in English, in Dutch it was not. So I had to write some weird sentences for it to work out. In the future this could be done by adding a special character in the place the word should come. For example:

"Rename %S% to:" and your program injects "MarioKart" for example in the position where the %S% is, giving a result of "Rename MarioKart to:" in your program.

Jimpex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well done. Best GUI i used by now
toot.gif

But maybe i detect a few bugs:

1. @ renaming on USB: I can only change the name for ONE time. (And 1 time it changed the name of a game i did not choose???) The next time renaming the same Game, it doesn´t take the new name for the game in the list.
But in the box which is opening for renaming, the new (changed before) name (if you edit it one more time) shows up... Perhaps a bug refreshing the game list on USB??

2. Image covers are only shown/change by switching over by mouse. By using keys (up/down on keyboard) the cover dont change if you go to another game...

3. I dont know if it is a bug, but for me the whole screen disappears (black screen) while opening the GUI and while adding a game to usb. For me it looks like a dos-box (wbfs.exe??) in fullscreen, but it shows no text...

Hope it helps you a little bit in developing your GUI.

greets Jimpex

PrixM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Jimpex said:
Well done. Best GUI i used by now
toot.gif

But maybe i detect a few bugs:

1. @ renaming on USB: I can only change the name for ONE time. (And 1 time it changed the name of a game i did not choose???) The next time renaming the same Game, it doesn´t take the new name for the game in the list.
But in the box which is opening for renaming, the new (changed before) name (if you edit it one more time) shows up... Perhaps a bug refreshing the game list on USB??

2. Image covers are only shown/change by switching over by mouse. By using keys (up/down on keyboard) the cover dont change if you go to another game...

3. I dont know if it is a bug, but for me the whole screen disappears (black screen) while opening the GUI and while adding a game to usb. For me it looks like a dos-box (wbfs.exe??) in fullscreen, but it shows no text...

Hope it helps you a little bit in developing your GUI.

greets Jimpex

1. Ahhh still bugs in rename
frown.gif

I´ll fix it.

2. Never tryed keyboard. I also will fix this.

3. Hmm i dont use a dosbox so this is not the problem but what else could it be ?
Really the whole screen or only my app ?
Does it also appear if you change the wbfs Drive ?
(Schauma moi Wern scho wos finden)

Also New in next Version:
DVD to USB
the indirect way
I create an temporary iso on pc and add game from this iso
But this is still easyer than doing it with 2 or 3 other tools.

USB to USB
also the indirect way
I create an temporary CISO from USB and write it to the other USB
Still not written a direct usb to usb function for wbfs_win.exe

New Function in Tools
Create ISO from DVD

Not On PC
Selects Files on USB you dont have in your ISO dir.

Think i will release it this weekend.

Jimpex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ja, der ganze Bilschirm ist schwarz und auch ein bischen am flackern!
Zuerst hab ich gedacht das die Auflösung geändert wird (sieht so ähnlich aus...), aber dann erschien mir die DOS-BOX sinnvoller...

In English
lecture.gif

Yes the whole screen gets black and it flickers a little bit!
First i thought the screen-resolution gets changed (looks similar...), but then the DOS-Box seems to be more possible to me...

Jimpex

PrixM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Version 1.2 is online:
Added Unrar.dll for better RAR support
(unrar.exe is still needed)
Added USB to USB , DVD to USB, DVD to ISO
Multi Language support and Language Pak editor
(Nederlands [Thanks to Sazzles] and German included)
Like allways some error fixes.

Jimpex
Still found nothing
frown.gif

Sazzles
Thanks a lot for the Dutch LNG and the corrected English LNG
smile.gif

I wrote a better LNG Edit and resized the Buttons/Labels... but your "Sorteer volgens" is still to long.

To all others:
If you wrote an Language PAK please Post here or PM me.
So i can Include it in the next versions.

9600pro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
PrixM said:
Version 1.2 is online:
Added Unrar.dll for better RAR support
(unrar.exe is still needed)
Added USB to USB , DVD to USB, DVD to ISO
Multi Language support and Language Pak editor
(Nederlands [Thanks to Sazzles] and German included)
Like allways some error fixes.

Jimpex
Still found nothing
frown.gif

Sazzles
smile.gif

I wrote a better LNG Edit and resized the Buttons/Labels... but your "Sorteer volgens" is still to long.

To all others:
If you wrote an Language PAK please Post here or PM me.
So i can Include it in the next versions.
Great release, italian language come very soon
wink2.gif

Sazzles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
PrixM said:
Sazzles
smile.gif

I wrote a better LNG Edit and resized the Buttons/Labels... but your "Sorteer volgens" is still to long.[/size]

No problem : )
However, when I try to switch languages, I get a "Run time error '53': file not found'. I just extracted the zip as you posted it.
"Sorteer volgens" could always be reduced to "'Sorteer:", worst case scenario. ^^

Anyway, great work as always!

PrixM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1.2.02 Online
There was an error loading Dutch Language pak

Italian Language PAK added
Thanks to 9600pro for his support.

Btw.
I´ll mak a lng download link for further Languages without real GUI-Update

Sazzles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
When loading the language pack, it gives a little credit to the translator (thx : P ) but it also does that when closing the program and starting it later (as it reloads the selected language pack).

I would personally only show it when switching languages instead of every time you start the program, cause that might get annoying fast, making people stick with the english version.
Also, if you use the translating tool, this credit thing will show "version 1.00" instead of "language pack by x". Might want to add an option to the translating tool to put in your name or something instead.

Bug: if you selected a language pack and close the program, then delete that pack and start the program again, it will result in the runtime error again. You could check if the file still exists, if it doesn't, automatically load the english pack.

PrixM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sazzles

I removed this Message for starting app with changed LNG

So dont delete the Language pak
smile.gif

Next version get a fix for that.
For now remove the last line in wbfs.ini

luke_70it

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi PrixM,
thank you for all these improvements to your already fantastic GUI!

I tried ti download version 1.2.03 (with italian language), but megaupload page still link to 1.2.02...

Enhancement request: is it possible to have different size for "standard covers and 3d ones?

Ciao
Luca

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg