• Views 132,897
  • Replies 916
  • Likes 15

vladagaja24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly. Some of us still remember that in the beginning we actually had to use PASS-ME on the DS since Slot-1 carts didn't even exist, others think that effective hacks just come on a silver platter. I think the new Sky3DS+ is promising, it fixes many of the problems previous revisions had, it breaks the latest AP, it's finally upgradable (a much-requested feature) and has a couple other knick-knacks that I won't describe here right now. Needless to say, GBATemp will be dropping a review of this cartridge as soon as we have one fully tested - stay tuned! ;)

So true, people became so spoiled and don't remember the time when new DS card cost much more than 80$.

(Spoiler alert: it cost 125$!!!)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Your point? I'm well aware other cards have had multiple revisions.

I never said Sky3ds only the only ones to do it, just they are laughing all the way to bank, 3 cards in a short time and people who are burned still lining up to buy it. Same goes for the other teams dropping support and expecting you to buy new hardware.

Sky however are the only one to intentionally handicap their card (the 10 game limit). Unless you believe it was not on purpose and they just happened to release an updated one, once the limit was bypassed.

I smell good ol' conspiracy here!
If you don't understand something just throw any conspiracy theory that you might make up in your head. Way to go!

Reactions: SLiV3R

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So true, people became so spoiled and don't remember the time when new DS card cost much more than 80$.

(Spoiler alert: it cost 125$!!!)

My DS-Xtreme didn't cost anywhere near that much... good job too, considering how quickly it became virtually redundant - and that was after almost every rom that would work would have to have it's arm.bin swapped for a different one (I remember using the one from the Japanese Sim City rom).
...not even the red button Sky is that much of a PITA ;)

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for a place that accepts MasterCard (or PayPal, but that's a pipe dream). EVERY site only accepts Visa, which is a bummer. Anyone know of one?

vladagaja24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I assume they had to change the hardware to bypass the AP? Back when it was a 10 game limit though, that was just dirty. But I'm not sure they figured Nintendo would change how the carts worked down the line, and even if they did... I'm not so sure you could've just fixed that with a firmware update. But I know nothing about how the AP really works.

This time, Nintendo was so desperate about stopping Sky3ds to work, that they decided to patch each cartridge instead of patching 3ds software which they couldn't do anyway for months.
And they figured the only way to patch it by making the hardware of each cartridge a little different and putting in each of them from then on AP chip which Sky3ds couldn't emulate.

That's why is even more ridiculous to accuse Sky3ds of knowing everything in advance when nobody ever did something similar in the past, especially Nintendo. They always use to fight piracy with software patches, never with revisions of actual cartridges.

Reactions: SLiV3R
D

Deleted-236924

My DS-Xtreme didn't cost anywhere near that much... good job too, considering how quickly it became virtually redundant - and that was after almost every rom that would work would have to have it's arm.bin swapped for a different one (I remember using the one from the Japanese Sim City rom).
...not even the red button Sky is that much of a PITA ;)
But... Dancing LEDs, dude!

Reactions: Foxi4

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Buying a sky3ds to play mhx and shit
>Buying Sd card and usb adaptator
>AP check arrives
>Shit !
>Buying MHX to use HANS for eng patch
>Hans is not working shit
>Tired of all this shit buy a new N3DSXL on 9.0 (COST A LOT)
> Sky3ds release a new card
> FUCK MY LIFE ...

This in two weeks

God's way of gently saying "Thou shalt not steal"

qproject

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking for a place that accepts MasterCard (or PayPal, but that's a pipe dream). EVERY site only accepts Visa, which is a bummer. Anyone know of one?

Try modchipcentral, it also has Email Money Transfer. They will have it in stock at Dec 10th. They havent updated the sky3ds+ but pre-order it you'll get sky3ds+ cuz they don't carry the Blue button edtion anymore.

Goloki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try modchipcentral, it also has Email Money Transfer. They will have it in stock at Dec 10th. They havent updated the sky3ds+ but pre-order it you'll get sky3ds+ cuz they don't carry the Blue button edtion anymore.

They only ship to the US and Canada, unfortunately.

qproject

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No problem. I already sold my blue button Sky3DS, but I'm in no hurry to get an orange-button one. Trying to find a reliable store is just too frustrating, though.

gocybershopping.com this one ships international. But ask them if they will be getting sky3ds+ cuz mod and cyber is run by the same guy. One in Canada and one in US.

• USPS Light Packet (Overseas/International) - starting at $14.95
Actually both ships International

Last edited by qproject,

Goloki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I think I'll wait until MyConsola (a local Spanish reseller) has them on stock. I was able to pay through PayPal a few weeks ago, when I bought my blue button. Hopefully they update their stock soon!

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess i'll just keep the blue button card, and wait for the pink button.
That's right skipping the orange.

Anyways any one know which AP games not working with the blue button?
and what will happen if I put a AP game in the Blue card?

will it kill my 3ds? I don't intend to play online anyways.

Last edited by hksrb25s14,

qproject

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess i'll just keep the blue button card, and wait for the pink button.
That's right skipping the orange.

Anyways any one know which AP games not working with the blue button?
and what will happen if I put a AP game in the Blue card?

will it kill my 3ds? I don't intend to play online anyways.

It just won't load. I think Animal Crossing HHD and after has AP checks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya