Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lvt06 said:
Well, i've made my mind up.

Im buying an EDGE card....

: \ meh. I may have to get another card after all this.

If I was buying it right now, I would buy an AK2 from another site, but it's already shipped from DX.

madrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What is with this one? AceKard 2 AK2 Multimedia MicroSD/TF Cart for NDS and NDS Lite (Compact Edition)
sku_16142_1.jpg

Does anyone know if this is the real one?

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
Why is everyone thinking that this is a bad thing... for all we know they could have just improved the build quality of the Acekard 2 to the Acekard 2i standard, which of course is a great thing! Optimism guys!

Milkyway!

Trophies
XP
Country
I recently got told that the Acekard 2.1 will work perfectly on the DSi so if you the 0b0b0b0b0b0 then im thinking that the DSi will have a different layout - go to youtube and type in AceKardTeam and they will show you the working version on the DSi.
Hope that helped anyone.
smileipb2.png

Milkyway!

Trophies
XP
Country
I was looking at madrats reply and the person who had the 0b0b0b0 problem. It seems fine but how long is this 0b0b0b0b0 coming up? Because on the reviews it shows that everyone has merely put all 5 stars or 4 5stars and 1 4star. Hmm. Maybe it is a faulty. Ill have to look futher in.

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
Milkyway! said:
I recently got told that the Acekard 2.1 will work perfectly on the DSi so if you the 0b0b0b0b0b0 then im thinking that the DSi will have a different layout - go to youtube and type in AceKardTeam and they will show you the working version on the DSi.
Hope that helped anyone.
smileipb2.png

I'm sorry, but I'm so dumbfounded that I don't know what to say to that.

Milkyway!

Trophies
XP
Country
I was too when i got told. So you might as well stick with your R4 , M3 , Edge or whatever you have until the DSi comes out in your country. A complete annoyance. Unless you want to buy the Japanese DSi that is.

turnstile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it actually matter what color the PCB is, or is it just a consistency thing?

i just ordered an acekard 2.1 last december 28 and i'll report what i get. this is my first card ever-erer and i hope i won't be disappointed..

yabasi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i ordered mine in december and got mine b4 this thread started and my acekard that i got is the old one with the clips (ver 2.1)

i unno i just think it could be fake (theres a fake for everything) or they trying some new stuff o.o

The new one looks like an r4 with an acekard sticker xD and the new looking one looks like they put no effort into making -.-

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't the only way to tell if it's a fake is when you try the new AceKard firmware and it won't work? I don't care about the design.. I just heard someone tried the new AceKard firmware and it didn't work. Or maybe I just read wrong.

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Woohoo! Mine arrived in the post a few hours ago, and I've been playing with it.
happy.gif

My sticker is slightly slanted (pfft, who cares
tongue.gif
), and it is a nice authentic Gray colour, and is NOT attached with clips. The MicroSD slot is NOT spring loaded, and it has plastic teeth for the first gold contact on either side of the contact strip.
AKAIO loads and runs games on it, and it works with the 3in1 (except the Pokemon saves, I've submitted a bug report). The only other problem is that it refused to accept my Sandisk 8GB MicroSDHC formatted with 64K clusters - it works perfectly with 32K clusters. Strange.

I don't really know, but I get the feeling that this is a hardware revision rather than a clone - it just sounds about right that the AK team would release a new version of the hardware to fix the percieved problem of the clips, just like when they seamlessly released the 2.1. I think the only difference here is that they didn't name it the "Acekard 2.2", but that would just sound stupid.
tongue.gif

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
aphirst said:
Woohoo! Mine arrived in the post a few hours ago, and I've been playing with it.
happy.gif

My sticker is slightly slanted (pfft, who cares
tongue.gif
), and it is a nice authentic Gray colour, and is NOT attached with clips. The MicroSD slot is NOT spring loaded, and it has plastic teeth for the first gold contact on either side of the contact strip.
AKAIO loads and runs games on it, and it works with the 3in1 (except the Pokemon saves, I've submitted a bug report). The only other problem is that it refused to accept my Sandisk 8GB MicroSDHC formatted with 64K clusters - it works perfectly with 32K clusters. Strange.

I don't really know, but I get the feeling that this is a hardware revision rather than a clone - it just sounds about right that the AK team would release a new version of the hardware to fix the percieved problem of the clips, just like when they seamlessly released the 2.1. I think the only difference here is that they didn't name it the "Acekard 2.2", but that would just sound stupid.
tongue.gif

I'm lead to believe the same thing, I'm doubtful of these 'fake' claims.

yabasi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sure its just some misunderstanding xD but i feel safer getting the acekard 2 with the clips from dx >.> clips or no clips it wont break in my hands ;D and they put no effor in sticking the sticker >.> its so slanted xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto