Hacking New R4i 1.4 User w/ Problems

Ace25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help. Newbie to R4 but have dealt with M3 for many years now, going back to GameboySP (without any problems at all other than having to upgrade cards periodically). Someone brought me an R4i v1.4 and asked me to get it working. I have had ZERO luck and can not figure out what I am doing wrong.

1. Went to www.r4i-sdhc.com and downloaded latest FW. Copied as instructed and when I turn on the DS I get the main DS menu with "Star Wars Lethal Alliance" as the game in the slot. No R4 menu like I get on the M3. I click on the Star Wars game and it loads the R4 menu, but then no games work. Every game states "No sav file found, please restart" and never goes anywhere.

2. Tried to follow the 20+ step YSMenu instructions, followed them to the letter 3 times over, downloaded everything 3x to verify, and same problem with DS menu/Star Wars as the game when first turned on, then when you select the game to load YSMenu I just get a folder icon with a ? mark inside it.

Anyone point to what I am obviously doing wrong here? Thanks!

Ace25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It appears it is "normal" for the new R4i-SDHC 1.4 cards to come up as "Star Wars" and not an actual menu?

Anyone have a fix for this? This is for a co-workers 5 year old daughter, I need the card to boot right into the menu/games list just like the M3 Real does and not have to go through a bunch of steps.

Ace25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks anyway, but the lack of any support from R4 on their site and the fact no one seems to talk in this forum made me come to the conclusion that the R4i-SDHC 1.4 is a steaming pile of junk. I just informed the person to return it to the place they bought it from and swap it for an M3 Real, which we both have and works flawlessly for us. The co-worker just wanted to save a couple bucks and I mistakenly told them the R4 and M3 were pretty much the same.. boy was I wrong about that. Mods you can delete this entire thread if you see fit. Thanks.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not a steaming pile of junk just because you can't make it work. The Star Wars icon is there because it's part of the DSi firmware 1.4 bypass. Every cart that passes it uses a real game's icon, so that if Nintendo releases a new piracy block, they would also need to block the legit games that the icons were from. I'd suggest double-checking the address on the card's sticker, because there ARE fakes of this card (fake's site is www.r4isdhc.com), format the memory card using the Panasonic formatter, and download a fresh copy of the latest firmware. I've had the "No sav found, please reset" error pop up once before, and just turning the DS off and on, then reloading the game worked and created the sav.

The official firmware has better compatability than YSmenu, yet if you still want to try it for some reason, compile it using the DSTT instructions, because this card is actually a DSTT clone.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
anubiss said:
Try to download the firmware on http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp, choose the first one on right side.
He said it's the 1.4 version, and it shows the Star Wars Lethal Alliance icon. It is definitely the new version, which only uses the firmware on the left, as indicated by the blinking picture directly above the download link. Read before you post.

bakeraus

Trophies
XP
Country
This is exactly my problem I have tried all the firmware in the world to get this going and the same result 'MENU?'

I have three units which would be fakes and all with the same issue. I might cut my loses and return them back and get a different brand.

fiberopme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bakeraus said:
This is exactly my problem I have tried all the firmware in the world to get this going and the same result 'MENU?'

I have three units which would be fakes and all with the same issue. I might cut my loses and return them back and get a different brand.

So sorry for getting to this forum so late, I was on vacation and just got back. Okay, I had this same problem and a lot of you have the same thought as me,
Why can't all Firmware be the same ? hahaha In a perfect world it is.....

Using Internet Explorer
Next go to this link download the newest firmware v1.12b or higher
(English) for your R4i,

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

Format your MicroSD card First !

Open the firmware with winrar. You need to copy those 4 files into your microsd.

moonmemo folder
moonshl2 folder
R4iMenu folder
R4.Dat

Now, with the microsd card that has all 4 of these files in it, make a folder called "Games"

Open the "Games" folder and drag your roms into this folder.

It will work from there on out.

Don't update your Counsel. The only reason they want you to update your counsel is to fix it so you cant use roms.

" Why fix it, if it's not broken" !!! ?

My problems and why I was getting errors and Menu? was this:

I was downloading this with firefox (No-no)
I was downloading it from a mirror site (no-no)
I wasn't un-rar the files (no-no)

If you follow these steps you won't have any problems. There's no installation of files, no updates to do, it's so simple.... GL

NEVER UPDATE YOUR COUNSEL !!!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte