Project New Public Pegascape DNS - Replacement for the Public EOL DNS by noahc3

Luc20100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, apparently I do not have the tab installed within Pegascape. So, I am not sure what I need to do? Looks like I only have Caffeine and HBL tabs within Pegascape.
Post automatically merged:

I went back through all my backups and logically reasoned I could have a corrupt Atmosphere file that is preventing me from loading exploit. Since the last time I had to restore my Switch was through a power loss and battery not charging. I deleted the switch and atmoshere folders and re-added 1.7.0 Atmosphere back onto the SD card. Bam, the exploit worked this time. Thanks for the guides!

Last edited by Luc20100,

einhuman197

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok, apparently I do not have the tab installed within Pegascape. So, I am not sure what I need to do? Looks like I only have Caffeine and HBL tabs within Pegascape.
Post automatically merged:

I went back through all my backups and logically reasoned I could have a corrupt Atmosphere file that is preventing me from loading exploit. Since the last time I had to restore my Switch was through a power loss and battery not charging. I deleted the switch and atmoshere folders and re-added 1.7.0 Atmosphere back onto the SD card. Bam, the exploit worked this time. Thanks for the guides!
Hey, sorry for the late reply! Glad it works for you now!

I have no ICMP to your DNS
Regarding the fact that you weren't able to Ping the Server: Good point! It's the default network configuration of Oracle Cloud Machines to drop basically all ICMP Traffic, that includes the Echo Reply/Ping. I forgot to change that when configuring the machine. I enabled all ICMPv4 Traffic now (@ Nintendo pls don't DDoS), feel free testing pinging it! It works on my side.

Just as a side note: I didn't enable ICMPv6 or IPv6 on the machine. While Oracle supports Full Dual Stack and it'd be a very good thing for any public Service on the Internet to have IPv6 nowadays, sadly the Switch isn't able to handle IPv6 DNS Servers, it's stuck with Legacy IP. So configuring Dual Stack for the entire machine just doesn't make sense, because the Switch can't handle it.

We'll see what we can do regarding public hosting once IPv4 Flag Day comes around, maybe some NAT46 magic in the internal network will be needed once ISPs stop providing Legacy IP addresses to customers. The entire npm project might need some patches, I haven't checked if it works with IPv6 Requests. But I think that'll only be a problem in several years down the road.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    BigOnYa sleeps with me in "The Van"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's why you're in bed by 5:30
    I told you 2300 dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You go to bed when I say you go to bed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I'm getting 500mbs for around $50 month, I just upgraded few months ago to faster spectrum, is nice
    yes mudder. fkr.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    50gbps will be rolling out pretty soon
    I have spectrum also
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the spectrum
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had only 100mb before thru At&t but noticed when wifey streaming something in living room, and I was online gaming, it would lag, so uped the speeds and been fine since.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not bad, only $900 a month, and you have to buy your own $2700 router to start, sign me up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it's mostly for big businesses that's affordable to them
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    @BigOnYa You must have a 12 month promo. Youre price will be $80 a month after. lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right
    I have spectrum too. And mine is currently $50 for their 300 Mbps service.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Threaten to leave they'll keep the price fixed for another year
    +1
    And thats a promo price. I miss living in the big city where I had 1Gbps fiber down AND up for $50. :(
    @K3Nv2 I did that already a couple times. lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you live alone 1Gbps is pretty useless money waster
    From past experience they usually dont care thoiugh. Ive had them just say "okay. what day do you want it cancelled?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I hate living here
    Not for me. Not when I download 30-60+ GB files on a regular basis. And some games are 100+ GB.
    Id take the 1GBps service easily if I could get it for $50 again. But Spectrum wants $120+ fees a month after promo pricing is over. Then I agree, not worth it.
    I read people saying that they got spectrum to give them 1Gbps for $50 for 2 years. Not in my case. lol. Ive tried for years to get them to up my speed and keep my price. No go.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: I read people saying that they got spectrum to give them 1Gbps for $50 for 2 years. Not in my...