New Pokémon snap gets a new trailer and release date

Nintendo just dropped a new trailer for New Pokémon Snap, showing some new details, including some of the Pokémon you’ll be able to find and capture photos of. The most important bit of information revealed was the game’s release date. You’ll be able to pick up the sequel to the beloved Nintendo 64 classic on April 30th.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it is just me but they should have implemented the "Snap Mode" in the lets go series. I'm just tying to see how does Nintendo justify the $59.99 price tag for this game if all you are doing is taking pictures
People paid $60 for let's go... It was alright, but I wouldn't call that a full game.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I know I am in the minority but I never understood the appeal of the original. An on rails photo snapping game?

Gimme Pokemon Colosseum 3 plz.
For me, it was the whole "immersive" nature of being able to see Pokemon in full 3D in their own little environments, and then being able to interact with them in whatever funny way (throwing apples or pester balls at stuff was hilarious when I was like 7 :lol:). Going from a little top down, 2D sprite game to a fully 3D game in a bunch of different courses and areas, even when on-rails, was just super cool to me as a kid. And it wasn't just snapping photos, you had to figure out how to get the best pictures through trial and error, or figure out a sequence of events in order to get a Pokemon to evolve or to get a Pokemon to lure another Pokemon...Just a lot of nice little touches and stuff that took Pokemon from being a simple RPG to more of an "actual world" kind of thing.

But I can understand why someone might not like it, I think if you never played it as a kid/didn't really care about Pokemon all that much beyond enjoying the "RPG" aspects it'd probably not be that interesting of a game.

enigma85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, it was the whole "immersive" nature of being able to see Pokemon in full 3D in their own little environments, and then being able to interact with them in whatever funny way (throwing apples or pester balls at stuff was hilarious when I was like 7 :lol:). Going from a little top down, 2D sprite game to a fully 3D game in a bunch of different courses and areas, even when on-rails, was just super cool to me as a kid. And it wasn't just snapping photos, you had to figure out how to get the best pictures through trial and error, or figure out a sequence of events in order to get a Pokemon to evolve or to get a Pokemon to lure another Pokemon...Just a lot of nice little touches and stuff that took Pokemon from being a simple RPG to more of an "actual world" kind of thing.

But I can understand why someone might not like it, I think if you never played it as a kid/didn't really care about Pokemon all that much beyond enjoying the "RPG" aspects it'd probably not be that interesting of a game.

You are spot on. each level is like a puzzle to get the best pictures. You have to do the right things at the right time to get the highest scores. So it's a puzzle game. :) Can't wait for it. still love the original.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this game lives up to the expectations that fans of the original have. It's certainly pretty.

I might pick it up for my sister's mother-in-law. She's super into Pokemon Go and photography, but doesn't like Pokemon Let's Go or the main series. I'm thinking she'll like the immersion without battles aspect of it.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People paid $60 for let's go... It was alright, but I wouldn't call that a full game.

I actually liked the Lets Go series more than the SW/SH series I feel the snap mode would have fit better in that game. The only thing that held the game back was the broken exp meter but as far as the adventure went I had fun.

Reactions: Kioku

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can understand that. I did have the game as a kid, but only ever played it a couple of times. Maybe kid me didn't really get the fact that a course could be fun for more than one playthrough. I also had "hey you pikachu" and similarly got bored of it quickly. I was a huge pokemon fan (I beat pokemon red over and over until I had a team of 6 mewtwos).

I dunno in comparison to pokemon stadium, the 3d zeldas, mario 64, paper mario, harvest moon (and the gameboy pokemon games themselves) the game just couldn't hold my attention. I think the on rails aspect was really disappointing after I'd played so many games with freedom of movement.

I guess the game felt more like a tech demo to me would be how I would sum it up. Similarly I could see myself playing this new switch game a couple times just to see the courses, but as for long term replayability I am a little skeptical.

edit: I just realized I probably took more photos of my pokemon in pokemon stadium than pokemon snap. I had like 15 photos of my aerodactyl alone.

Last edited by x65943,

DerpDingus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be ready for sketchy Pokémon BS like a severely limited game with cut content that will come later for more $$$$ I know I'm stating the obvious but just taking a jab at the Pokémon cucks who defend them no mater what.

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat pokemon red over and over until I had a team of 6 mewtwos

Nintendo Power used to do a monthly thing to talk about the games and anime, and show off teams that readers submitted, kind of like an extremely-early prototype version of that Smogon site. One month, out of disbelief that somebody was insane enough to play the game that many times in such a short amount of time since the game was released, they showed off a full team of 6 Mewtwos, each with different movesets and built as a competitive team.

I don't suppose that "insane somebody" was you, was it?

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo Power used to do a monthly thing to talk about the games and anime, and show off teams that readers submitted, kind of like an extremely-early prototype version of that Smogon site. One month, out of disbelief that somebody was insane enough to play the game that many times in such a short amount of time since the game was released, they showed off a full team of 6 Mewtwos, each with different movesets and built as a competitive team.

I don't suppose that "insane somebody" was you, was it?
Haha wow, I wish!

I was not playing the game until a couple years after it came out. I was a really young guy in 1998.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Great but where is THE SNAP?
i doubt they will include him, but it would be nice if we after we beat a certain score could unlock todd snap and maybe an hd remake of the first game levels xD hopping for too much here i know but one can dream xD

Seriously i wanted a sequel for so long, hopefully its as good, i loved find the paths, capturing all the pokemons on camera, finding the secret interactions and evolution methods xD

Reactions: Gunstorm

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm curious whether or not this will feature gyro controls. The trailer definitely doesn't answer that.
Great but where is THE SNAP?

The snap is the literal Thanos snap. We can expect this game to include maybe half of the Pokémon that exist currently... if we're lucky.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://youtu.be/9FcXxqthgUM?feature=shared&t=169