Homebrew NEW official cores on retroarch wii

soniccomcisbr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just got the most recent nightly version of Retroarch wii and noticed the size of the .7z file was bigger.
Then the surprise, looks they change many things on the cores.

Official Stella(atari) core!

Official Mame 2000 core!

The Final Burn cores are now called "fbalpha2012"

They have 4 Snes cores: snes9x, snes9x2005, snes9x2005_plus, snes9x2010. The catsfc cores don't exist anymore.

I don't tested yet, but I will tet them now.

soniccomcisbr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, Stella and Mame cores are new versions of the @zerofalcon cores;
@zerofalcon you are working with their team now? Can you give some details of the changes for us? For now I don't notice any big change but is very god have the Atari emulator without the bugs from 1.3.0.

I can not see any big difference between the 4 snes cores, or if the compatibility of the final burns are better or the same from the older cores.

Genesis Plus GX have frame drops if you use Blarg NTSC filter.

Now a very good news: The PCE Engine Core now is running CD games again, but still not running the SGX games.

Last edited by soniccomcisbr,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
They have 4 Snes cores: snes9x, snes9x2005, snes9x2005_plus, snes9x2010. The catsfc cores don't exist anymore.

I don't tested yet, but I will tet them now.
To clarify:

snes9x2002 - pocketSnes
snes9x2005 - CATSFC
snes9x2005_plus - CATSFC Plus
snes9x2010 - Snes9x Next

I personally think the new naming is confusing and misleading.

soniccomcisbr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To clarify:

snes9x2002 - pocketSnes
snes9x2005 - CATSFC
snes9x2005_plus - CATSFC Plus
snes9x2010 - Snes9x Next

I personally think the new naming is confusing and misleading.

And don't forget the snes9x with any year. Can you tell us if they have any big difference? Some people told me the "Snes9x Next/2010" have the most accurate sound, but personally I never noticed.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
And don't forget the snes9x with any year. Can you tell us if they have any big difference? Some people told me the "Snes9x Next/2010" have the most accurate sound, but personally I never noticed.
The newer cores are based on newer revisions of Snes9x which are more accurate, but also slower. The older cores are faster but less accurate - great for less powerful formats or demanding games.

CATSFC Plus (snes9x2005_plus) is just CATSFC (snes9x2005) with the more accurate sound core from newer Snes9x.

It's not entirely accurate to describe them as snes9x2002, 2005 etc. because while pocketSnes, CATSFC etc. are based on Snes9x revisions, they have many changes and alternations.

Last edited by sj33,

soniccomcisbr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just tested snes9x 2002, this core is broken

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here are things that want very much to be added in the cores:

Final Burn Alpha - Better support to Sega, Taito and Konami games. It can run good Sunset riders, but the games in the same engine are not running - Mystic Warriors and Wild West C.O.W.-Boys of Moo Mesa. On Taito machines, I like they adjust the japanese version of Pulilula, it's runs very slow for now

Stella - It could be great if we have a option to choose the palette and a more accurate palette.

Genesis Plus GX - When we try to use BLAARG NTSC filters, the framerate drops. This don't happens on original Gens Plus for wii

Nestopia - Add support to Konami translated roms.

Linkuei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
MAME 2000 is the best MAME core/emulator for the Wii! All the games from the MAME 037b11 romset load and run in full speed. The only problem is the glitchy graphics in some games from SEGA, KONAMI, TAITO... Still plays and sounds MUCH better than the other MAME emulators

EDIT: Tested here and see that these new FBA and MAME 2000 cores have a really great improvement! O.O

EDIT 2: Unfortunately MAME 2000 still have these strange graphics on KONAMI, SEGA and TAITO games and perfect graphics on more avanced games like MK1, MK2, MK3/UMK3 and WWF

Last edited by Linkuei,

soniccomcisbr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
MAME 2000 is the best MAME core/emulator for the Wii! All the games from the MAME 037b11 romset load and run in full speed. The only problem is the glitchy graphics in some games from SEGA, KONAMI, TAITO... Still plays and sounds MUCH better than the other MAME emulators

EDIT: Tested here and see that these new FBA and MAME 2000 cores have a really great improvement! O.O

EDIT 2: Unfortunately MAME 2000 still have these strange graphics on KONAMI, SEGA and TAITO games and perfect graphics on more avanced games like MK1, MK2, MK3/UMK3 and WWF

What the new things you found in FBA?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)