Hacking New Nintendo 3DS Australia = PAL?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
That sucks stupid region lock why can't we have region free any more

431818_104729069730870_1884256032_n.jpg

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
So any European folks have come to an agreement paying an Australian GBAtemp (if so who if I may ask?) to get the New 3DS from Australia imported to your country? It's probably a lot cheaper than it'll be in Europe/UK.

Still, that name "New 3DS" is fucking stupid. *facepalm*

Inaki

Trophies
XP
Country
are there any news about importing the australian N3DS to an european country?
any sites beside play-asia?

May I ask why you ask about other places besides play-asia ? O:) I just bought one from play-asia and I wonder if there's any problem with them... :S

Hoping I will get to have a homebrew enabled 3DS LL, I still need to get Cubic Ninja and it is getting a bit difficult :D. Also, does anyone know what firmware version will these australian new 3DS LL come with ? Will a lower than 9.2.0-20 firmware version do SSSpawn ? Just in case this console I just bought doesn't arrive in time, I mean it comes after nintendo updates to a non vulnerable version of firmware :S

Thank you in advance,

Inaki.

19cookies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions if someone doesn't mind answering them :)

1. Would I be able to do a system transfer from a UK system to an Australian one?

2. If I buy games on the Australian one then do a system transfer, will they still be there?

3. Can an Australian console connect to the UK eshop? (By changing region settings or something similar?)

Inaki

Trophies
XP
Country

Did you take that photo ? If so:

Is that a Japanese New 3DS or an Australian New 3DS ? I assume it is Australian, but then... has it been out a few days earlier than the official date ( i.e. nov 21, friday ) ? and, if you are Italian, how is it you already have it ?

Thanks !

injection18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

1. Would I be able to do a system transfer from a UK system to an Australian one?

2. If I buy games on the Australian one then do a system transfer, will they still be there?

3. Can an Australian console connect to the UK eshop? (By changing region settings or something similar?)

1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country

1. Yes. Just choose your region as UK when you are setting up your N3DS
2. Im not 100% sure on this. I think yeah your stuff will get wiped. You can only have 1 NNID per system so all of the 3DS you system transfer from will be the only content you have anymore. Just don't buy anything on N3DS until you system transfer
3. Yes. Just set it up when you first power on as a UK region system

When you are doing the setup just set it to UK and you will be good to go.

Reactions: 19cookies

aceley

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys... UK here.. this topic is fairly recent so thought I'd add my 2 cents

I tried many of the Australian & New Zeland sites in question in the thread for import to UK (EU)... they all seem to have recently changed their International Shipping options, at least for the New 3DS

Anyway.. I ordered 2x New 3DSXL's from http://www.fishpond.co.uk/

One major warning with this site.. shipping is free.. but there is a high chance, at least in UK and from personal experience that you will be charged Customs Import Tax on orders. Again for UK this is only if the item gets checked. And from my knowledge it will be around £30 per DS extra charge.

Another thing of note is the Order is expected to arrive anytime between Dec 9th and 22nd, lol, so not really specific. They also have it in writing on their website that their import times can be long etc.

They also have their main site based in Aus http://www.fishpond.com.au/

Wish me luck with the import. I will update here if anything changes in case it might help anyone else.

Steve

Reactions: Rulesless

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys... UK here.. this topic is fairly recent so thought I'd add my 2 cents

I tried many of the Australian & New Zeland sites in question in the thread for import to UK (EU)... they all seem to have recently changed their International Shipping options, at least for the New 3DS

Anyway.. I ordered 2x New 3DSXL's from http://www.fishpond.co.uk/

One major warning with this site.. shipping is free.. but there is a high chance, at least in UK and from personal experience that you will be charged Customs Import Tax on orders. Again for UK this is only if the item gets checked. And from my knowledge it will be around £30 per DS extra charge.

Another thing of note is the Order is expected to arrive anytime between Dec 9th and 22nd, lol, so not really specific. They also have it in writing on their website that their import times can be long etc.

They also have their main site based in Aus http://www.fishpond.com.au/

Wish me luck with the import. I will update here if anything changes in case it might help anyone else.

Steve

Did you not know about 365games? Its UK. And will be sending mine out this week. Shit, it could arrive tomorrow at the earliest.
Also they got their shipment into the UK THEN ship it to you from inside UK so theres no import fees.

D

Deleted-355425

I bought mine from 365games for £172 deliverd, no tax.. I looked at Aus sellers but the vat and if it comes through royal mail/parcel force they add a £12 handling fee too!! Been stung a few times lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.