New Mega Man Wiley Wars Update

sprong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a couple of months ago i privately released a small updated version of the atgames wiley wars rom for sega genesis. i never intended to work on it any further but after spending enough time tweaking the game to the best of my ability i figured that it was time to once again share my progress here. some of the changes implemented should be credited to Tony H who released his fixes via game genie codes which i was able to patch to the rom directly. one of his codes however needed further tweaking since it caused serious issues in Mega man 3. anyway the patch file should be applied to the European version of the rom and the various changes are as follows.

Fixed projectile speed to more closely match the original NES releases.

Up to 5 projectiles can be fired on screen instead of 3 to more closely match the original NES releases.

Removed delay when running from a standstill making the overall control more fluid to more closely match the original NES releases.
(this is the code that previously caused issues in MM3 btw)

The slide ability has been added to Megaman 1&2.

A bug that caused the game to freeze when defeating any MM3 boss has been fixed.

Region bypass has been added so the game shouldn't have issues running on American hardware and should also run at 60 hz.

Slowdown in many areas has been reduced.

"Various bugfixes" compliments of atgames. im not quite sure what they are but i guess that they are in there in some capacity.

And of course the game is SRAM compatible so saving the game shouldn't be an issue.

Again, this patch should be applied to the EUROPEAN ROM. i have not tested it with other versions so if it isnt working you are probably using the atgames rom. if there are any game breaking issues let me know. i havent been able to play through the game in its entirety since im not the best at megaman. so there may still be things that need to be ironed out. honestly though comparing this version to the original is night and day, you may even find a new appreciation for this game now that it feels much more like the originals. i spent literally my entire day off working on this thing so i hope you guys enjoy it.

Attachments

• MMWWUPDATE.zip
    501 bytes · Views: 154

hossbags2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a couple of months ago i privately released a small updated version of the atgames wiley wars rom for sega genesis. i never intended to work on it any further but after spending enough time tweaking the game to the best of my ability i figured that it was time to once again share my progress here. some of the changes implemented should be credited to Tony H who released his fixes via game genie codes which i was able to patch to the rom directly. one of his codes however needed further tweaking since it caused serious issues in Mega man 3. anyway the patch file should be applied to the European version of the rom and the various changes are as follows.

Fixed projectile speed to more closely match the original NES releases.

Up to 5 projectiles can be fired on screen instead of 3 to more closely match the original NES releases.

Removed delay when running from a standstill making the overall control more fluid to more closely match the original NES releases.
(this is the code that previously caused issues in MM3 btw)

The slide ability has been added to Megaman 1&2.

A bug that caused the game to freeze when defeating any MM3 boss has been fixed.

Region bypass has been added so the game shouldn't have issues running on American hardware and should also run at 60 hz.

Slowdown in many areas has been reduced.

"Various bugfixes" compliments of atgames. im not quite sure what they are but i guess that they are in there in some capacity.

And of course the game is SRAM compatible so saving the game shouldn't be an issue.

Again, this patch should be applied to the EUROPEAN ROM. i have not tested it with other versions so if it isnt working you are probably using the atgames rom. if there are any game breaking issues let me know. i havent been able to play through the game in its entirety since im not the best at megaman. so there may still be things that need to be ironed out. honestly though comparing this version to the original is night and day, you may even find a new appreciation for this game now that it feels much more like the originals. i spent literally my entire day off working on this thing so i hope you guys enjoy it.

can you add the code "Makes the default controller config the same as NES (A = Shoot, B = Jump)" It does not work right if you start the game without going to options first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo