Hacking New Mario u with pro controller

Loke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I want to play new Super Mario Bros with the pro controller. I've read the update should support the controller but after installing the update with wup installer it still doesn't connect. After syncing it shuts down when reentering the game. Anyone has an idea to fix this?

Loke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it's a knockoff. They work fine with all games but Mario u tho. They look the same without wii u on it

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
no idea they made a patch to make the game work with wiiu pro i have the bundle of new super mario bros u + super luigi u and never jnew they did so i never even tryed using my wiiu pro lol.

Last edited by pedro702,

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the game officialy and new super mario bros never supported the wiiu pro original or otherwise.
The game originally didn't support it but one of the updates they made added support. I definitely played NSMBU and SLU with a pro controller, and mine is official

S

Saiyan Lusitano

NSMBU is compatible with the WUPC after the update as I've played it myself, so if it doesn't sync try it wired or play with the GamePad (unnecessarily big for a game that uses two buttons and a D-PAD).

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you sure the game is properly updated? I have a knockoff that works fine (PowerA), even with Nintendont with some fiddling. Mine works with Mario U, but the one or two things it didn't work with, it connects but just freezes the console up. I'd try doing the update again.

By the way, since you used WUP Installer, I hope you're not loading the game through loadiine. You have to apply the updates to the game on SD card for them to load. Just thought I'd mention it incase.

Loke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oooh so that's why it doesn't work. I used an guide to update the game and it told me to use the wup installer and let it update on my wii. I load the game using loadiine. As I wasn't able to find a guide how to update the game itself on sd card, do you have a link that explains it?

Edit. Can't I just copy the data over in data management? It is properly installed on the wii.

Ps. It took me 2 hours to get the kernel exploit to run for the wup installer.. Lol

Last edited by Loke,

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oooh so that's why it doesn't work. I used an guide to update the game and it told me to use the wup installer and let it update on my wii. I load the game using loadiine. As I wasn't able to find a guide how to update the game itself on sd card, do you have a link that explains it?

Edit. Can't I just copy the data over in data management? It is properly installed on the wii.

Ps. It took me 2 hours to get the kernel exploit to run for the wup installer.. Lol
No, you can't. Has nothing to do with being properly installed. As I said, you have to apply the updates to the game. It's different than the console seeing new files and using those instead.
this is a quick post i made about it. you can also use nusgrabbers files (theyre the same anyway), but you'll need to go find cdecrypt.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/officia...ility-list-thread.398616/page-61#post-5799782

Loke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow.. That was the first way I tried.. I thought I did something wrong when I watched a guide to check my steps..

Do I need to do anything with the update on my wii or can I just leave it on?

Anyway thanks for your help, I'll check it as soon as I'm home.

Edit. It works just fine over at a friend. If it doesn't work at home, I'll just delete the update on the wii. Thx for the help!

Last edited by Loke,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1