Hacking New M3i Zero

Anubis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've recently bought a new M3i Zero for my DSi but since I'd like to use it on my DS Lite as well I did some tests on the DS Lite first.
This is what I've done:

1. Flashed my firmware with the 1.4 Fix.
2. Downloaded and extracted the following file: "M3 Sakura v1.45X 3rd Edition (M19) + TouchPod v4.7cX (M60) for M3i Zero & M3 Real"

I've got the following problem, the card gets stuck on boot at the "Now Loading" screen when booting both Sakura and TouchPod.

If I instead use "iSakuREAL 1.7 for M3Real" everything boots just fine.

Is there any way for me to use the latest Sakura on my DS Lite?

Thank you.

Snorlax

POSTMODERNISM
Trophies
Website
postmodjoel.com
XP
Country
lionati said:
just buy a dsi with m3i zero! or go for coffee with ur friends! xaxaxaxaa! uthey major equestras! centaur-wold megazord!
lionati, your posts are far from helpful at the end. :/

Anubis, the latest firmware is pretty buggy. Just use a legacy one until another one gets released which is compatible with all their revisions. :]

Anubis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Turtle said:
lionati said:
just buy a dsi with m3i zero! or go for coffee with ur friends! xaxaxaxaa! uthey major equestras! centaur-wold megazord!

Anubis, the latest firmware is pretty buggy. Just use a legacy one until another one gets released which is compatible with all their revisions. :]

Alright, thank you.
Which firmware would you suggest? I've always been a Cyclo user, I don't know much about Sakura.

Snorlax

POSTMODERNISM
Trophies
Website
postmodjoel.com
XP
Country
Anubis said:
Turtle said:
lionati said:

Alright, thank you.
Which firmware would you suggest? I've always been a Cyclo user, I don't know much about Sakura.
If 1.7 is working fine for you, just use that. When you come across a game with problems, then upgrade to something slightly newer. :]

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
@Anubis: Yeah, the latest version of Sakura is really buggy. It's like the M3 team broke some of the features in trying to get Spirit Tracks to work. I've never seen this many people have this many problems with the firmware before, it's pretty bad. Downgrading to v1.43 (the last stable update I remember) or even v1.42 might fix your problems until they release another update. Let's just hope that the next update isn't as messed up as v1.44 and v1.45.

@lionati: I've read around 20 of your posts and they're all annoying.

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
@Anubis: Yeah, the latest version of Sakura is really buggy. It's like the M3 team broke some of the features in trying to get Spirit Tracks to work. I've never seen this many people have this many problems with the firmware before, it's pretty bad. Downgrading to v1.43 (the last stable update I remember) or even v1.42 might fix your problems until they release another update. Let's just hope that the next update isn't as messed up as v1.44 and v1.45.

Yeah it does some really bad things to super mario advance 4 and mario vs donkey kong (j) saves, causing it to erase the e-reader levels :/

And I agree, Lionati reads like someone begging for the smite of the ban-hammer.

Anubis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Densetsu3000 said:

Damn, those aren't working either. Do you guys think it's because I'm using a DS Lite?

By the way, this was the only thing I flashed: http://filetrip.net/f6953-M3i-Zero-1-4-Fix.html

Anubis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Densetsu3000 said:
Anubis said:
Damn, those aren't working either. Do you guys think it's because I'm using a DS Lite?

By the way, this was the only thing I flashed: http://filetrip.net/f6953-M3i-Zero-1-4-Fix.html
Does it work on your DSi?

I can't test it with my DSi at the moment since it's not with me :\
Does M3 Real run with Sakura? Because I'm considering the possibility that this is a fake (a M3i with a M3 Real chip), even though the serial on the back says M3i_V2_E2.
Also, I've recently tried to flash the 1.4 fix again and it won't let me. It just shows a red light without blinking. Is that normal? Can't I flash the same firmware more than once?

EDIT: Ok, apparently all my problems were related to a shitty Kingston microSD. Great...

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
kingston really is garbage unless it's a japan chip...anything from kingston other than a MIJ chip is crap...you're better off going with a cheaper brand like adata or pqi. The only option other than going cheaper is to get a sandisk card.

never had one problem with my 4GB class 6 adata card, have 2 of them and they both work flawlessly.
you can get class 6 adata and pqi cards for half the price of a class 2 kingston or sandisk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries