New M3i Zero

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Anubis, Jan 6, 2010.

Jan 6, 2010

New M3i Zero by Anubis at 10:30 PM (2,859 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Anubis
    OP

Member Anubis GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    I've recently bought a new M3i Zero for my DSi but since I'd like to use it on my DS Lite as well I did some tests on the DS Lite first.
    This is what I've done:

1. Flashed my firmware with the 1.4 Fix.
    2. Downloaded and extracted the following file: "M3 Sakura v1.45X 3rd Edition (M19) + TouchPod v4.7cX (M60) for M3i Zero & M3 Real"

I've got the following problem, the card gets stuck on boot at the "Now Loading" screen when booting both Sakura and TouchPod.

If I instead use "iSakuREAL 1.7 for M3Real" everything boots just fine.

Is there any way for me to use the latest Sakura on my DS Lite?

Thank you.

2. lionati

Newcomer lionati Advanced Member

Greece
    just buy a dsi with m3i zero! or go for coffee with ur friends! xaxaxaxaa! uthey major equestras! centaur-wold megazord!

3. Snorlax

Member Snorlax POSTMODERNISM

Australia
    lionati, your posts are far from helpful at the end. :/

Anubis, the latest firmware is pretty buggy. Just use a legacy one until another one gets released which is compatible with all their revisions. :]

4. Anubis
    OP

Portugal
    Alright, thank you.
    Which firmware would you suggest? I've always been a Cyclo user, I don't know much about Sakura.

5. Snorlax

Member Snorlax POSTMODERNISM

Australia
    If 1.7 is working fine for you, just use that. When you come across a game with problems, then upgrade to something slightly newer. :]

6. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    @Anubis: Yeah, the latest version of Sakura is really buggy. It's like the M3 team broke some of the features in trying to get Spirit Tracks to work. I've never seen this many people have this many problems with the firmware before, it's pretty bad. Downgrading to v1.43 (the last stable update I remember) or even v1.42 might fix your problems until they release another update. Let's just hope that the next update isn't as messed up as v1.44 and v1.45.

@lionati: I've read around 20 of your posts and they're all annoying.

7. hdofu

Member hdofu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah it does some really bad things to super mario advance 4 and mario vs donkey kong (j) saves, causing it to erase the e-reader levels :/

And I agree, Lionati reads like someone begging for the smite of the ban-hammer.

8. Anubis
    OP

Portugal
    Damn, those aren't working either. Do you guys think it's because I'm using a DS Lite?

By the way, this was the only thing I flashed: http://filetrip.net/f6953-M3i-Zero-1-4-Fix.html

9. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    Does it work on your DSi?

10. pcmanrules

Member pcmanrules GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    I just use 1.43 original, i used my Acekard 2i for spirit tracks because it was easier. I sell my M3i's with 1.43 original and have had no problem.

11. Anubis
    OP

Portugal
    I can't test it with my DSi at the moment since it's not with me :\
    Does M3 Real run with Sakura? Because I'm considering the possibility that this is a fake (a M3i with a M3 Real chip), even though the serial on the back says M3i_V2_E2.
    Also, I've recently tried to flash the 1.4 fix again and it won't let me. It just shows a red light without blinking. Is that normal? Can't I flash the same firmware more than once?

EDIT: Ok, apparently all my problems were related to a shitty Kingston microSD. Great...

12. bluejays

Member bluejays GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I believe Kingston has a 1 year warranty??? But if its fake try anyways or... i guess u might have to buy a new one =(

13. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    kingston really is garbage unless it's a japan chip...anything from kingston other than a MIJ chip is crap...you're better off going with a cheaper brand like adata or pqi. The only option other than going cheaper is to get a sandisk card.

never had one problem with my 4GB class 6 adata card, have 2 of them and they both work flawlessly.
    you can get class 6 adata and pqi cards for half the price of a class 2 kingston or sandisk.