Hardware new laptop going mad slow

LEGOMYEGGO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my sister just gave me her laptop and it was factory resetted but just when i start playing my game my whole laptop starts to lag and freeze idk why its doing this please help

LEGOMYEGGO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im kinda scared of taking the computer apart so im going to update my drivers first also the game is roblox so im not sure why it wouldn't run it my laptop is not that slow

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

my laptop is not that old*

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

could also be outdated drivers
or the laptop can't run the game he's trying to play
also which drivers should i update?

D

Deleted User

so the intel hd graphics right?
because i tried it and it said that the best drivers is already installed
how about try downloading MSI afterburner and installing it with rivatuner, go into the settings and look for "monitoring" and enable "GPU Temperature", "CPU Temperature", "CPU Usage" and GPU Usage" and then see what shows on the screen when you try playing the game

D

Deleted User

You say the laptop is new but you got it from your sister?

Is it actually new or just new to you and she has been using it for years?

What model laptop is it? If you are trying to game on a five year old potato that was never good you are wasting everyones time.
at worst it could be an 8 year old laptop, he mentioned intel hd so i've got fairly low expectations

LEGOMYEGGO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say the laptop is new but you got it from your sister?

Is it actually new or just new to you and she has been using it for years?

What model laptop is it? If you are trying to game on a five year old potato that was never good you are wasting everyones time.
its a intel pentium n3710

MaxToTheMax

Officially Ranked 3796th.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's laggy because your probably trying to run a GPU intensive game on a laptop that doesn't have a real GPU. You are going to be limited to very low end games or games that have a lot of graphically mods to make them run better on potatoes. You get what you pay for with computers.

its a intel pentium n3710

You will not play anything on that. I think flash games would lag.

Last edited by MaxToTheMax,
D

Deleted User

It's laggy because your probably trying to run a GPU intensive game on a laptop that doesn't have a real GPU. You are going to be limited to very low end games or games that have a lot of graphically mods to make them run better on potatoes. You get what you pay for with computers.
it's also got a super low end CPU

Reactions: MaxToTheMax

LEGOMYEGGO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You will not play anything on that. I think flash games would lag.
dang ok thanks for the help guys

D

Deleted User

ok one last question i have another laptop that is a little bit broken but it has good specs can i take out cpu and stuff and put it in this laptop?
with modern laptops, sadly no, everything's soldered
there was a time at one point where you could upgrade the CPU on a laptop, but those days are long gone

if you have the money to spare and have some luck, go onto ebay and look for "dell precision m6300", quite a decent laptop for (sometimes) a sub $100 price, and it has an old yet somewhat capable gpu, at least for the age of it
you can even upgrade it if you find one with the base model hardware

Reactions: MaxToTheMax

MaxToTheMax

Officially Ranked 3796th.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok one last question i have another laptop that is a little bit broken but it has good specs can i take out cpu and stuff and put it in this laptop?
No, that isn't how laptops work. If the screen is the thing that's broken, you can probably plug it up to a monitor and then use it like a desktop. Just make sure you have it plugged in.

b1gj4v

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download Speccy and run that, it will show you the computer specifications, post a screenshot of it here so we can see the specs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

septigsm

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You can also tell us what configuration the laptop has and what game you are trying to run to see if we can help you.

nani17

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Is the HDD going to 100%? Go to task manager and check also what games are you trying to play.

Google can I run it and check to see if your laptop can run the game

Last edited by nani17,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, My friend passed away 3 days ago. :( +1