OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
kh_coded.jpg

It would appear some people have already gotten their hands on the July issue of Game Informer magazine, which features an interview with Kingdom Hearts creator Tetsuya Nomura. In the interview, Nomura confirms that one of the two new games in the series will be revealed at E3.

Q: Are there any hints you can provide about these new games?

"Hints would give away too much, and for Kingdom Hearts we’re contractually obligated to keep any information that has not been officially released under wraps. However, I can say one of the two projects mentioned above came into existence because we wanted to do something for the North American fans, so we’ll be announcing it at E3."

This new title could, of course, be Kingdom Hearts: Recoded, initially hinted at on voice actor Phil Snyder’s personal web page. Considering Kingdom Hearts: Coded was was originally developed only for Japanese cellphones, a portable remake on DS or PSP could certainly be considered a favour to the series’ overseas fans. We say DS or PSP because Nomura confirms in the interview that the two new games aren’t in development for the Wii, PS3, Xbox 360 or iPhone. However, as Nomura goes on to state, Square are currently “discussing opportunities with various parties” regarding the future of the franchise.

This also means that the Square Enix Osaka team’s project hinted at by Shinji Hashimoto could very well be the second Kingdom Hearts game Nomura mentioned months ago, which is based around multiple characters.
Source.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Not for Wii/PS3/Xbox?
NOW I'm interested.
yay.gif

I couldn't care less about those consoles cos I don't own them. So many awesome games are announced for those consoles, there isn't enough love for the DS/PSP. FTW!
yay.gif

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That pic is 16:9
If that pic is indeed a picture of one of the games it could be for the 3DS... and this could be the first gameplay pic we've seen... wonder if it will get taken down by nintendo?

Damnit this pic is from coded says luke -.- dreamcrushing

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
DeadLocked said:
That pic is 16:9
If that pic is indeed a picture of one of the games it could be for the 3DS... and this could be the first gameplay pic we've seen... wonder if it will get taken down by nintendo?
It's not a new picture at all, it's a picture of Kingdom Hearts: Coded

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
I can say one of the two projects mentioned above came into existence because we wanted to do something for the North American fans, so we’ll be announcing it at E3."

So, either a KH fighting game or a KH FPS.
tongue.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news about some new KH games, but i should tell people who are excited about Coded- it is considered the worst game in the series by far. Almost all of it is filler. The only thing it does to really enhance the story is take a closer look at Riku before KH1 kicked off and explain the KH2 ending (which i've looked at, and it's very lame). I'm a huge KH fan, but Coded is definitely meh.

Xale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this wont be for the 3ds, most likely just the ds, and if anyone wants a kh game for the next gen console, theyll have to wait until one of the 3 new kh games coming out, one of them will most likely be for a next gen console

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol