Hardware New guy that needs a Complete Walk through of Hacking my N3DS XL

Viary

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omg i just got it to work!!! Pray for me!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dang! Got maybe 15 Cia in then it says Error has occurred etc try again. Did i soft brick lol?

Ok so a error occurred. Only way to use DS was to go in safe mode LRAU. I removed SD card and it booted fine so I know she is okay atm. Anyways what do I need to do to the SD card to get it back up?

Viary

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I booted up without the SD fine. Out of curiosity I go to Sytem Settings and look at my firmware version and its 9.2???Take it im screwed ? Anways I changed the theme. Now what? Do Bhacks and then reinstall menu and try DG or ?

Ryu X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would set up menuhax again and keep trying with sysupdater since you need to downgrade the rest of the cias. Since some of them are already downgraded I believe it will just skip those making it easier for the process to finish. Once you finish I would reccomend checking your 9.2 with downgrade checker to make sure you have all cias downgraded before setting up emunand.

downgrade checker.
http://gbatemp.net/attachments/downgrade_check_2-0-zip.36398/

Reactions: wormdood

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I booted up without the SD fine. Out of curiosity I go to Sytem Settings and look at my firmware version and its 9.2???Take it im screwed ? Anways I changed the theme. Now what? Do Bhacks and then reinstall menu and try DG or ?
now you reinstall menuhax and run this to see if you need to fix anything

Ryu X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You probably have a frankenfirm some cias are 9.2 others are not, use the downgrade checker linked in the above posts to see. But since its not a brick you can still downgrade the rest of the files.

Viary

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was seriously thinking I bricked. The CIAS maybe got 15ish done it seemed then I got a error. Anyways Im at the HB launcher installing menuhax and she booted right up. RYU will running sys DG again perhaps mess it up or? Should I be okay to go?

Ok about to use it in a few minutes. One sec and ill report back!

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was seriously thinking I bricked. The CIAS maybe got 15ish done it seemed then I got a error. Anyways Im at the HB launcher installing menuhax and she booted right up. RYU will running sys DG again perhaps mess it up or? Should I be okay to go?

Ok about to use it in a few minutes. One sec and ill report back!
you may not need to downgrade again . . . that is the point of the downgrade checker

Viary

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ran it and I have Red and yellow text files. Expected vs Installed. Smh. That cant be good lol?

Ryu X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ran it and I have Red and yellow text files. Expected vs Installed. Smh. That cant be good lol?

how many were wrong? At most there really should only be 1 which is the amiibo settings, but most likely you have to run sysupdater again, if you take a pic or post what downgrade checker says someone can tell you.

Yes you can still run sys updater again if all the files didn't downgrade since you said it froze after 15 or so makes me think you didn't get them all for sure.

Last edited by Ryu X,

Ryu X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
24 wrong 1 extra no missing?

Yes you have to run sysupdater again to downgrade the rest of the files, since you said it froze and only did a few of them. Nothing will work right on cfw with that many wrong files. Have to basically do the same thing you were doing before since it still sucks to start sysupdater.

Last edited by Ryu X,

Viary

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was told not to try to risk DG again so im kinda nervous lol! Should I just ride it out and install a CFW and pray ?Btw you guys are great with all this help! couldn't have done it without you fellas.

Pereb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I could be wrong but, if NATIVE_FIRM downgraded properly you may be able to get CFW to work. If that didn't downgrade, don't bother trying. I'd recommend doing the downgrade again anyway.

Last edited by Pereb,

Viary

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea lol debating on trying to install CFW or DG again......Any guides on installing Reinand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny to see people start a gofundme for silly shit like a new game system, and then see them get free money, then think, not so funny after all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme for the homeless
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My dog used to chase off my neighbors cat from our yard, till one day the cat stood its ground, and paw slapped the shit out of my dog, now the cat wonders thru my yard, and my dog don't even care anymore, he's like f that cat. Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So just slap your dog when I'm climbing out urewifes window
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just use the front door, dumbass
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, what if you see him?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then slap your dog?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He can tag me in...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah last time I just looked at bigonya and said the heavy works already done
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    That's @slaphappygamer 's job to slap
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh hi nick
    +2
    I think he's from Ohio
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ohhioh Nick
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Is your new PS3 modded/CFW?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, always has been
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool, lots of cool games available for PS3. Game on!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi already making new people mad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, Nick is not that new
    Ohayogozaimasu = Good Morning
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ohgayhoe
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si