rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gariscus said:
Rockstar said:
link dead.. can somebody post a vid or pics?
The link works for me...
not for me so can you please show me pics
frown.gif

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hehe, it's done updating at 13:37.
tongue.gif

The options screen has a scrollbar which works now.
You can change the Enhanced Menu buttons.
Moonshell 2 reset to main menu still works.
As far as I've tested, everything works like it should now.

Edit 1: Wow, 10 save slots!
Copying takes a while, deleting takes less than 1 second.
Bookmarks are looking good on the menu too!

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
CycloDS Evolution BETA Firmware vB.0 This release marks the beginning of the evolution for our GUI. There has already been a large number of additions and changes, but we're not done yet. We intend to keep the new GUI in BETA for several weeks so that we may gather feedback from our users and continue to perfect it. As we expect the GUI to continue evolving, we need to make some changes to the way in which BETA firmware progresses to a stable release. From this point on, the BETA firmware line will not correspond directly to any stable firmware release. The BETA line will receive fixes and additions relating to the new GUI, as well as game compatibility fixes. When game compatibility fixes are confirmed to be working, we will do a stable firmware release including those fixes but retaining the old GUI. Essentially this means that the stable firmware line will only be receiving game compatibility fixes until such time as the new GUI is included in a stable firmware release.

Changes in this release include:
  • Pop-up menu added to game list for performing various operations on the currently selected item
  • Cheats codes are now managed on a per game basis through the pop-up menu
  • A bookmark system has been added. Any ROM (game/homebrew) or folder can be bookmarked, and bookmarks can be displayed in one of two possible modes. The first mode displays each bookmark as a square icon on the main menu, while the second mode displays the bookmarks in a list and is accessed through the moonshell icon. The modes can be toggled via the settings menu
  • Support for multiple save slots has been added, with the save slot selected through the pop-up menu
  • RTS file management has been moved to the pop-up menu
  • Basic file operations (copy/move/delete) have been added and are accessed through the pop-up menu. File operations can be globally disabled through a setting in the configuration XML file
  • The scrollbar now works correctly
  • Several settings which were previously only accessible from the configuration XML file can now be manipulated through the settings menu
  • Different "wallpapers" for the bottom screen can now be specified for the main menu, the game list and the cheat list
  • Built-in icons for folders, NDS games and GBA games can now be replaced with custom icons
  • Tweaks to touch screen operation
  • Game compatibility fixes (4341, 4716, 4723, 4726)
  • Probably several other changes we've forgotten about
    wink.gif
Please see release-notes.txt included in the download for brief documentation. As stated above, the GUI will continue to evolve so we appreciate any feedback regarding proposed new features or tweaks, especially in the area of the skinning system. A few things we are already considering adding include a text file viewer (based on the ingame text viewer) and a ROM trimmer.

We'd like some feedback regarding the view modes for the file list. Currently the setup is rather messy, with 5 different view modes: filename + large icon, rom name + large icon, list view with small icon, recent + large icon, recent + small icon. We're looking for a more intuitive way to handle this; currently the idea is to have just three view modes (filename, rom name, recent) and then a toggle for large/small icons in the settings menu. What does everyone think of this? We're open to suggestions
smile.gif

Download the BETA HERE
Also, we've provided an example skin which demonstrates how to take advantage of changes to the skinning system. You can download the skin HERE

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why oh why don't I have a MicroSD adapter with me today... Bah have to wait for a while before I can see how the new GUI works.. Sounds good though
smile.gif

//Qtis

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've found a few 'bugs'.

"to bring up the pop-up menu I have to almost hit the touch screen with my stylus. And clearing all cheats that I've selected(with X) in the Select Cheats menu only works if I haven't enabled or disabled any cheats, after that I have to exit and enter the Select Cheats menu to be able to clear all cheats. Also touching the word Done with my stylus while in the Select Cheats menu has the same problem as the pop-up menu. Pressing the word Clear with my stylus while in Select Cheats does nothing. To close open 'trees' in Select Cheats I have to navigate to the top of the tree instead of pressing left or right on the d-pad which(if my memory is correct) I could do in 1.59 Beta 1. Also when switching from the test skin to the default my DS froze, I have not be able to duplicate this. ."

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How is this being advertised as a completely new GUI and I tried it and it 80% the same except the features added... the GUI is still dull and boring IMO

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm enjoying the bookmark option. With a 16gig microSD, navigating to your current favorite game can be a chore sometimes. The bookmark feature eliminates that hassle. The file manager is something I've been wanting on the CycloDS for a long time now and I'm sure I'll use that a lot. And we went from having no extra save slots to TEN of the suckers available for each game now?! Cool! I think sticking the RTS feature in a menu instead of relying on a button press was a good idea. Cheats are a little trickier to enable now, but it's nothing I can't deal with. I like that the GUI still works fine with all the old skins. That makes life easier.

Hey, and they fixed a few more games too.......which ones are those now? (friggin' screwed-up release numbers across different sites makes it hard to know which games they're even talking about anymore.....
hate2.gif
)

People still getting lock-ups in Strange Journey? Did they fix that?

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Rockstar said:
How is this being advertised as a completely new GUI and I tried it and it 80% the same except the features added... the GUI is still dull and boring IMO
I don't believe it was ever advertised as a completely new GUI.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also wonder if they fixed that 127 file limit in a folder deal.....I really hope so.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most of my posts on this are being left on TC's forum itself, but I'll mention some bits here too. I've asked about the possibility of a left handed option now the scrollbar really scrolls, and maybe some adjustments to the new cheat selection system and some touchscreen issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: 💡Help Roms To Heal :D