New Goldeneye 007 game?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping this isn't yet another false Goldeneye rumor.

IGN said:
An online resume (spotted by Superannuation) for animator Craig Peck of Eurocom (co-developer on Dead Space Extraction) says the studio is working on a new James Bond title called "GoldenEye 2010" for the Nintendo Wii.

Activision CEO Mike Griffith confirmed earlier this year during an investor call the company was creating a new James Bond title, but did not provide further details.

Source

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rouge Agent looked bad. Nightfire was and is one of my favorite games of all time.

Personally, I just want a good Perfect Dark game past the N64 one (since I find Perfect Dark to be better than Goldeneye). I want a game that brings all the fun of classic FPS gaming that made it so fun in splitscreen and translate that to online (with splitscreen as an option as well, since really the only shooter that's worth your time with splitscreen is Quantum).

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, I don't know... I'd love this if Activision had proven with Quantum of Solace that they can make awesome James Bond games, but they didn't. They should just leave GoldenEye for now...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well QoS wasn't bad (well the Wii & DS ones were) it was just meh on a stick.

It wont be a remake of the N64 version dont get too excited, if its true then it'll just be Activisions own version of the film. Basicially the only reason that this will exist is because the first game was so well regarded and Activision just want to cash in on it.

They should have chosen a different film (GoldenEye is hardly a classic) or ...SHOCK HORROR... do all new game based on the license like EA did with Nightfire (which at the time was very good), doing this just proves they've run out of ideas...if its true.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
i dont know if wii can handle the controls tht well but seeing tht it was first released on the n64 then definitely it will come to the wii though i think the xbox360 and pc would handle it better

what?

Posts merged

QUOTE(shakirmoledina @ Oct 27 2009, 08:22 PM) i dont know if wii can handle the controls tht well but seeing tht it was first released on the n64 then definitely it will come to the wii though i think the xbox360 and pc would handle it better

what?

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only reason golden eye was good was because Rare was a great dev back in the N64 days, if it wasn't for their platformers and shooters there would not have been much reason to own a N64(at least for me).
it would be hard to fill those shoes as lazy as devs are now days, i honestly don't want to see this game butchered the way banjo kazooie and perfect dark were.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new Goldeneye game can't be too bad.
I don't think the ones EA published were all that great really. It was glitchy at quite a few points. Worth a rental and a single playthrough but the game would just make less sense with a second.

Hopefully they'll go all out for this one, but I think it'll at least be decent.

I wanna see Online play and the ability to draw pictures on the walls with the laser watch. (and have them stay for the rest of the match)
I'd be happy with just that personally though I think I'll only try it a few times anyway.
I could care less about the license I just want a good FPS game.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sstew said:
Really... Gonna ruin Goldeneye now? Im perfectly content with the 64' version being sold though
I am content with them updating it with new graphics and making it a dual analog control scheme, but nothing else should be changed about the game aside from maybe having online multiplayer, the single player should remain the same.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thordrian said:
Well QoS wasn't bad (well the Wii & DS ones were) it was just meh on a stick.

Quantum on the Wii is awesome. It's the dark horse of FPS games, and a great romp with splitscreen. I thought it was excellent.

QUOTE said:
It wont be a remake of the N64 version dont get too excited, if its true then it'll just be Activisions own version of the film. Basicially the only reason that this will exist is because the first game was so well regarded and Activision just want to cash in on it.

Maybe. Although nowadays many new age gamers go "Goldeneye? Halo is the best FPS ever! Never heard of Goldeneye." They would rather cash in by making more shovelware or something.

QUOTE said:
They should have chosen a different film (GoldenEye is hardly a classic) or ...SHOCK HORROR... do all new game based on the license like EA did with Nightfire (which at the time was very good), doing this just proves they've run out of ideas...if its true.

Nightfire was amazing, and to this day is my favorite previous gen shooter (Halo can suck my hairy balls... Actually, Halo was pretty good, just not as good as NF). It was #2 on my top 10 GC games, only beaten by Melee. FRWL butchered the movie a lot, and the movie was the classic and defining Bond film. I would like to have a Goldfinger game, but it's a different day and age now.

QUOTE(shakirmoledina @ Oct 27 2009, 09:22 PM)
i dont know if wii can handle the controls tht well but seeing tht it was first released on the n64 then definitely it will come to the wii though i think the xbox360 and pc would handle it better

Considering the N64 and the Wii both had one analog stick, I'm not seeing what you're getting at. Also, GC/Classic controllers?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1