OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
In a recent Gameinformer interview with Camelot they discuss the possibility of a new Golden Sun game.

QUOTE said:
GI: I hate to totally break away from all the sports’ games, but there’s another game Camelot is known for, and that’s Golden Sun. What’s the status of Golden Sun, and is that series finished or is that something you’d like to bring to consoles?

Hiroyuki Takahashi: First of all, I love that game and I love the world of Golden Sun. We think we have to make another one. We have to do it! Not just that we have to do it, but we want to do it. Nintendo has asked us to please make it. But at the same time we haven’t gotten around to making it. We’re not really sure why. (laughs)

Shugo Takahashi: As Camelot, we think of ourselves as being a company that makes RPGs. In an RPG you role-play as another character. In the sports games, you’re role playing as yourself. I want to let the fans know that in the center of our way of thinking the games that we’re making now are close to RPGs. The looks and the concepts might be totally different but the essence of the game contains the RPG. One of the reasons that we haven’t made golden sun is because there are so many fans of the game and we don’t want to do something half-assed. We want to give it the time it deserves.

GI: If you did make another Golden Sun would it appear on a portable or would you make it fully realized on a home console?

Hiroyuki Takahashi: As a thought off the top of my head, if I could make something that would combine the handheld and the console – with the past and the future – if I could combine both of those that would be great. But that’s just a thought.(laughs)

Source

There's hope yet. Nintendo have been asking Camelot to make it and now Camelot have actually come forward and said they'd love to make another one. Another year or two before we see it perhaps?

EarthBound

a/s/l?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In a recent Gameinformer interview with Camelot they discuss the possibility of a new Golden Sun game.

QUOTE said:
GI: I hate to totally break away from all the sports’ games, but there’s another game Camelot is known for, and that’s Golden Sun. What’s the status of Golden Sun, and is that series finished or is that something you’d like to bring to consoles?

Hiroyuki Takahashi: First of all, I love that game and I love the world of Golden Sun. We think we have to make another one. We have to do it! Not just that we have to do it, but we want to do it. Nintendo has asked us to please make it. But at the same time we haven’t gotten around to making it. We’re not really sure why. (laughs)

Shugo Takahashi: As Camelot, we think of ourselves as being a company that makes RPGs. In an RPG you role-play as another character. In the sports games, you’re role playing as yourself. I want to let the fans know that in the center of our way of thinking the games that we’re making now are close to RPGs. The looks and the concepts might be totally different but the essence of the game contains the RPG. One of the reasons that we haven’t made golden sun is because there are so many fans of the game and we don’t want to do something half-assed. We want to give it the time it deserves.

GI: If you did make another Golden Sun would it appear on a portable or would you make it fully realized on a home console?

Hiroyuki Takahashi: As a thought off the top of my head, if I could make something that would combine the handheld and the console – with the past and the future – if I could combine both of those that would be great. But that’s just a thought.(laughs)

Source

There's hope yet. Nintendo have been asking Camelot to make it and now Camelot have actually come forward and said they'd love to make another one. Another year or two before we see it perhaps?

If they do get around to making it a year or so would be worth the wait.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Yeah they need to bring it man. Remember that fake screenshot of GS3 on a DS a while back? The whole net jumped on it and people everywhere rejoiced. Not many games cause that much of a frenzy.
The first 2 games are 2 of the finest RPGs fullstop, not just on handhelds.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Golden Sun is so sweet they definitely need to make another one.

Is he talking about connectivity between the DS and the Wii in those comments? Would be pretty sweet if there was one for the DS and the Wii and they hooked up.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The aforementioned fake screenshot.

1191161256034.jpg

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good on Camelot I say, most companies get a franchise and run it into the ground. They didn't, they were worried that it may not be good enough so were afraid to start it.

When they're confident that they have the right ideas for the game I'm sure we'll see it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0