Hacking New Gateway Update 29/07/2013

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, because it is signed. One can patch version numbers of certain parts high, but no custom firmware. In RAM you can patch all, but you can't install it, because of the signature. The 3DS won't boot anymore.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Sorry if this isn't the place to post this

If i'm correct their are 3 types of 3ds':
-Europe
-USA
-Japanese

The 3ds in Australia have -E at the end of their version
Does that mean European roms would work on the gateway on an Australian 3ds
yep, you want European roms

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
No, the save encryption for early games is already known so re-encrypting is no problem. But in order to update the savegame AES MAC, the key-scrambler, the savegame's KeyY, and the KeyX for savegames is required. Currently(Except for the savegame's KeyY) only Nintendo and each 3DS knows that. So the only practical way of updating the AES MAC, is via a 3DS with ARM9 code execution.

and that ensures you have direct access from within the ARM9 area, to reach and re-use the exploit, or that would be a new entry point to begin looking for exploits? since I don't know how sandboxed mode runs, but I suspect ninty could tweak 3DS-side kernal of ARM9 DS Mode so no kernel permissions are given..

alirezay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's using the v4.5 exploit to run the ROM chooser menu (making it like the first EVER 3DS homebrew app) I wonder is that same exploit could be used to make it update JUST the eShop like you do on a Wii.

I doubt it ... but it's an idea
Errrm...ninty makes a system update for even small eshop changes..so we can get this that eshop checks the system version not eshop app version.

0nethe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Not unless you already made a NAND dump from THAT EXACT SPECIFIC 3DS earlier when it was on another firmware.

Then is it possible for me to dump my NAND now (4.x) so if by accident I do an update or maybe do an update to play original game or online game then restore Nand for Backup game ?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

suly10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
People, before you start asking for an update with regards to the gateway 3ds card, remember that shipping could take days to get to whoever is reviewing it....be patient B-)

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does the whole tester thing work? If I email them telling them i review different kinds of super cards will they send me one? SOunds like a good deal.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they are like willy wonka golden tickets eh? i think I'll shoot em an email anyways see I can finagle anything out of them.

I bid you the best of luck. Lots of people who have distinguished reviews for several years have already been denied. :P They were only sending out 50 review units.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am pretty sure they have maxed out on review units (50 iirc). And I believe they don't just give them to any Tom, Dick and Harry who emails them. I mean, if you have thought of that, there probably are others who have too.

EDIT: :ph34r:-ed

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Just a PSA: Everyone safely ignore that condescending prick furry guy with 20,000+ posts who talks down to everyone, because yet again he's posting in a Gateway thread being a total arse in general. Saying Gateway won't work on 5.0 in favour of solely 6.1 (as if you know how they internally operate :rolleyes:) and btw;

"Working on" on 3DS means 2 different things, let's be clear on them
1. Is features WITHOUT a timeframe to be implemented - generally this means anything involving the firmware version; a method for these features could become possible tomorrow or may never happen - so this includes support for 5.x/6.x, downgrading, etc.
2. Features which are known to be feasible within the current limitations of the Gateway, it's just a matter of further firmware hacking - such as region unlocking on the firmware side.

To be fair you say people should stop updating at all which should be in massive red letters all over this section. But why talk down to newer users with amazingly smug comments like 'Educated guess' (You didn't guess fuck all and asked me for 'proof' way back in he first GW thread), you just continue to act as an authority figure about this when it's opposite and you're actually harmful to the discussion in making noobs think wrong things.

Also Pong20302000 you are a cool guy but the info you are posting as fact sounds like second/third information from retailers, when the GW team isn't likely to even tell them anything about specific dev details aside from offhand comments. Just saying it's probably not worth reading into.

Edit: ok i was a bit overly harsh this time sorry :P

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Come on man, lay off the personal insults.

When talking about the latest being the best goal, I was talking about Gateway's perspective (for the reason outlined in the last sentence).
So? Why would they make one? Going for the latest is best, since you can always use a game to update you to that specific version. So there's more consoles that can hit 6.x than 5.x.

And the larger your potential audience is, the larger your potential profits.
I was NOT telling them to upgrade.

Reactions: Pedeadstrian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍