peeboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all,

I just got my gateway for my 3ds. I'm on fw 4.4 and I'm a little unsure as to how to exactly proceed. I watched the video from the website and I'm at the part where it shows I'm on GW firmware. I'm then supposed to connect to the internet and update to the latest firmware.

I just want to be sure that I'm doing this right: Can I update to the latest firmware available using what I think is called "emunand"?

Is there an issue with the newest firmware (9.3 I think) from Nintendo? I do make sure it says GW 4.4 before doing this.

Secondly, I can't connect to my router at all. It's set on WPA2 tkip +aes. I've tried both the wpa2 tkip and wpa2 aes settings on the 3ds and it won't connect. Any advice?

I appreciate the help.

If these questions have been answered I apologize - maybe someone could point out a link to me.

Thanks

Dualin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right now Gateway Emunand only works up to 9.2, updating to 9.3 with Emunand will give you a useless black screen.

Enter your WPA2 password in connections on your 3DS.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not update to the newest firmware right now! Wait. 9.3 support has not been announced at this time.

I am just a Dad and 3DS admin but when I went to reconnect last week to update to 9.2 I had a hell of a time. Turns out I was entering DS Connection or something and not the actual Internet settings so it was not seeing any of the dozen or so routers my other devices do. I think that mode is for direct connections.

Worth a shot to make sure you are in the right menu. Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1