laugh.gif

subanark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You cannot copyright a game idea, you can copyright the binarycode, the images the music ect... but someone else can simply look at the game and make a clone of it.

Also look at poyo-pop, how many incarnations of that game exits? Kirby's avalanche, or Dr. Robotonic Mean Bean Machine are both clones of that game.

BTW Pokémon puzzle chanange (for GBC) *is* Tetris attack with pokémon instead of Yoshi.

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I read about some kind of gameboy tetris fiasco on a gamespy article (10 dumbest, if i remember correctly) of which I was mite confused since i can't remember anymore.. But what I DID learn was that handheld puzzle game "clones" are as old as the first puzzle game itself! (Really, is there ANYTHING more vintage than tetris?)

It's cause puzzle games are so small, yet so addictive, that it's hard to keep track of who makes what.. just that it sells a lot well than i expected (

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Firstly Tetris Attack has come in many many incarnations, just like Puyo Pop, although where as Puyo Pop is a franchise mostly kept high by Sega, Tetris Attack is more of a Nintendo developed idea.

As for Tetris, there probably are clones that do exist, remember the game wasn't brought out on consoles for ages...It was a good while before the different publishing deals got settled for the different formats. So yeah there probably are quite a few non lisenced games that found their way onto the dodgy market in the far east.

G

Geezer

I can't find this ROM anywhere and i don't think it is illegal? Would anyone be kind enough to PM me?

S

SKoRPioN

I really like this one. At 8meg , it makes a good filler for trimmed roms and has some good titles. I have always loved the Donkey Kong games, and the NES ones played pretty good.
That Panel De Pon is a cool puzzle game. Had never played it before, but it is rather addicting. As for those of you wanting the ROM, check out the gbatemp MIRC chat room. Look for the stickied thread on how to use MIRC.

B

bigj

wink.gif

Thanks for the file, Thug; appreciated.

Any chance when the English version of Panel De Pon is released, we could have that one to replace the Japanese version please?

An I right in saying that Panel De Pon / Tetris Attack were not available on the Nes, but only came out on the Snes? Anyone know of a Nes version??

ReyVGM

Game Endings Master
Trophies
Website
www.vgmuseum.com
XP
Country
There was no Nes version.
Intelligent Systems 'invented' that game for the Snes.

And I got to say that it's the most addictive puzzle game ever, and the music is kickass too.
Screw Super Puzzle Fighter, if that game had no SF characters it would be just a mere clone that like the hundreds of games like it.

But this one is special, it's original and had me making combos and chains in my sleep for weeks.

Too bad Pokemon Puzzle League (n64) wasn't AS good, even though the game is the same, the voices and music got repetitive and boring, thus substracting some of the exitement out of the game.

The PPL (GBC) was nice too since you could unlock different pokemons depending of what you did, you could unlock lots of other options.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.