New: GameCube Multiboot Games (U/J)

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Is there a way to extract the .mb files from .gba roms?

I've become rather addicted to Panel de Pon, but could easily go without this flashy intro/menu...
I haven't tested this, but I think you could try to find a pointer table in the rom with a hex editor and find out where the start address of the game you're looking for is located, and then just strip the file, and add a header.. The thing is, it might be more complicated than that if they had to modify each multiboot game for the compilation...
Not that easy, unfortunately, since the Eurasia guys have compressed the games in their ROM. They also were hacked to work with the Menu. Here's how to extract NES ROMs from that ROM (doesn't work for Panel de Pon, though):

1. Fire up VBA
2. Load GameCube_Multiboot_Games_Internal_GBA-EURASIA / EUR-MBGC.GBA
3. Start the game you want to have as single file
4. Start the Memory Viewer ("Tools" -> "Memory viewer...")
5. Click "Save"
6. Enter following values: Address = 02000000, Size = 40000
7. Save as whatever you want (it'll get *.dmp extension anyways)
8. Fire up your favourite Hex-Editor
9. Search for "04 F0 1F E5 C0 00 00 08"
10. Replace with "01 C3 A0 E3 00 22 9C E5"
11. Save with *.mb extension

é voila, you got a working Multiboot image now which you can load with Flash 2 Advance Writer, Pogoshell or whatever you prefer. You may want to truncate useless 0s with your favourite util now, as "Size = 40000" from step 6 always generates a 256 kByte ROM with lots of overhead.

Yeah, I know, this is kind of useless since it only works with the games you can play with PocketNES anyways and not with Panel de Pon, but maybe there are one or two people here who find that info helpful... I really couldn't care less if you don't.

-- enarky

Bamboo

Trophies
XP
Country
either way...i think its cool and it shows that you are smart cus you figured it out so thats cool
biggrin.gif

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
YES MIRC IS THE ONLY LINK WE'LL GIVE YOU ALL OF YOU. LOOK here if u want links to gba roms because there won't be any links given out in the forums as IT'S NOT ALLOWED. The ROMS were taken down so that this site would stay up, we were warned about this so we did what WAS BEST for the community! I'm not sure about you lot but I KNOW that there are hundreds of us who want this forum to stay, if not this place wouldn't EXIST. This rom is very HARD to find but you can get them easily using MIRC, if your not bothered using it then you can f*ck off because we don't give a damn for those who don't ACCEPT our help. The only website which I know of which has this rom is ROMSOURCE but the roms are currently down due to ALL THE LEACHERS WHO TAKE AND DON'T GIVE BACK.

D

Deleted User

bow.gif
Holy crap. I just thought about that good old rom when reading the title and couldn't remember anything like that being released after that!

Let's just let this thread rest in the peace it deserves, again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou