External USB Folder / File Structure for ripped games Wii / Wii U / GameCube

Moobaks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the optimal folder structure to house ripped Wii, Wii U and GameCube games on an external USB?

Starting with the root of the USB drive. What folders should exist and how should the files be placed inside?

Should / can, all games be placed in the 'games' folder. Do they need to be organized into individually named folders? Do they need to be renamed 'game.iso' ?

For GameCube games.

USB://root/games/Donkey Kong Jungle Beat [GYBE01]/game.iso, GYBE01-dumpinfo.txt, GYBE01.bca/

For Wii games?

USB://root/Super Paper Mario [R8PE01]/R8PE01.iso or game.iso ?
or
USB://root/games/Super Paper Mario [R8PE01]/R8PE01.iso or game.iso ?
or
USB://root/games/Wii/Super Paper Mario [R8PE01]/R8PE01.iso or game.iso ?

For Wii U games?
USB://root/ ? What files should be used?
or
USB://root/games/WiiU/ ?

I am currently reformating and reorganizing my harddrive, one large partition this time and am wanting to know what files are actually needed.

Thanks!

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For Wii U: Use a Wii U formatted drive and install the games with NUSspli or WUP Downoader.
For Wii: Use a Wii U formatted drive, transform the games with Teconmoon's injector and install them with NUSspli or WUP Installer.
For GC: Use a Wii U formatted drive, transform the games with Teconmoon's injector and install them with NUSspli or WUP Installer.

Pin1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For Wii U: Use a Wii U formatted drive and install the games with NUSspli or WUP Downoader.
For Wii: Use a Wii U formatted drive, transform the games with Teconmoon's injector and install them with NUSspli or WUP Installer.
For GC: Use a Wii U formatted drive, transform the games with Teconmoon's injector and install them with NUSspli or WUP Installer.
This is a very "one sided" approach, but it only requires one drive and everything starts directly from the wii u menu...
No disc swapping, etc :-)

TimboNzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a related (and probably much easier) n00b question to ask that might belong here, before I create a whole new thread.
-----
Is it safe to create a backup storage folder on my Wii U external USB drive for all of my injected WUP GameCube Installers?
-----
I've amassed an extensive library of GameCube WUPs with custom icons and banners that I created with TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector. I realize this might seem pointless, as I'll lose access to the USB drive should my Wii U ever fail & die. That said, I've had all of them backed up on my PC, but I had a recent PC HDD data loss scare where I thought I lost all of them. This revelation made me realize that keeping them backed up on my external Wii U USB drive would provide an additional layer of backup redundancy should my PC backup HDD truly fail at some point in the future.
-----
Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Moobaks

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it safe to create a backup storage folder on my Wii U external USB drive
That's a good question. I think it hightly depends where to place that directory. Now we could RE the Wii Us data management to find a save place but that's tough. Let's bettery just try it. So make a folder called usb:/backup and put just one backup inside. Then go to Wii Us data management and see if it tells you there's trash to delete. The folder is save when it won't tell you. When it tells you delete the junk, reconnect with FTP and make the same with /usr/backup and so on untill you find a folder the data management doesn't want to remove.

BTW: NUSspli stores the files at usb:/install/ so that might be a good folder. I never checked it through.

Reactions: Moobaks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?