New Game Plus Expo - roundup - Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 revealed

YPZQsQX.png

Get ready for some game localization announcements, coming straight from New Game Plus Expo. Today's event will showcase Japanese developed games from publishers such as Atlus, Idea Factory International, NIS America, and more, all in a single-hour livestream that takes place at 10am CT. If that's not enough for you, then you can also stick around for a 6-hour post-event stream that will go more in-depth on the games revealed at the show. Be sure to watch live, or at least check back in on this thread to see all the announcements made.

:arrow: Source

Live Coverage

It kicks off with Catherine: Full Body, headed to the Switch on Jul 7th.

Suda 51 is excited to see all the games to be shown.

Natsume's got a new Harvest Moon game. Harvest Moon One World launches Fall 2020. Explore beaches and snowy mountains in this new farming game.

Platform your way through 3D levels as a small rolling ball creature in Tin & Kuna, Fall 2020, PC/PS4/NS.

Bandai Namco has a board game game that looks somewhat like Fortune Street. It's called Billion Road and it's available on Steam, with a new game mode.

Fight as crabs with weapons. Crabs with lances, crabs with chainsaws. FIGHT CRAB. July 30 Steam launch. Coming soon to Switch.

SNK's got a game to show. Samurai Shodown's new character is the Warden. June 24. It's a crossover with Ubisoft's For Honor.

Re:Zero gets a game that tells an original story written by the creator of the light novels. The Prophecy of the Throne launches on Steam/PS4/Switch.

Fallen Legion: Revenants is a tactical game where you fight to scale a castle to rescue your son. Early 2021 for PS4 and Switch.

More SNK stuff. It's the Neo Geo Pocket and an old handheld version of King of Fighters. NeoGeo Pocket Color Selection will come Summer 2020 with more games to be shown in the future.

It's Trails of Cold Steel. The fourth entry is being localized by NISA. October 27 PS4, Switch and PC in 2021.

Death end Re Quest 2. August 25 for PS4/PC.

Manage idols across the world. Level up your idols and perform and boost their careers. Idol Manager launches later this year.

Danganronpa! Kodaka is there to celebrate the series' 10th anniversary. He's discussing the mobile port of the games, but there's more to announce throughout 2020.

Aksys has some Otome games. Cafe Enchante. There's demon men in this cafe that you'll be able to romance. Fall 2020 for Switch.

Escape From Asura was teased super briefly, coming 2021 for Switch and PS4.

Koji Igarashi is up to talk for Inti Creates. Play as Bloodstained's Zangetsu in an old-school style Castlevania-inspired game. You can play as a small dog that controls a dark mech suit. Curse of the Moon 2 coming soon for PC, PS4, Switch.

Guilty Gear Strive gets a new trailer. Early 2021. PS4. New characters and netcode.

Fairy Tail's RPG shows off its 16 playable characters. Arrives July 31st.

Another SNK showing. A never before released Samurai Shodown game will release and have ranked and casual online matches. It'll also have a physical release on Limited Run Games.

Another visual novel. Piofore Fated Memories releases fall 2020 on Switch.

Neptunia has a new action-based spinoff game. They're idols now, in Neptunia Virtual Stars. 2021.

Decorate a castle, cast magic spells, and play as pretty princesses in Pretty Princess Party coming fall 2020 for Switch.

Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and Dice of Fate coming to PC and Switch, 2020. Has new bonus dungeons.

Highlight reel time. Trails of Cold Steel 3 is coming to the Switch soon. Shantae is already out. Giraffe and Annika launches soon. Volta-X launches this summer. 13 Sentinels launches this September. New RPG Maker game. Prinny 1+2 is releasing soon. Mad Rat Dead launches in October. Tasomachi is a new game. Bright Memory is that Xbox game from the presentation a few months back. Launches in 2020.

One more game to show.

Ys IX. Comes 2021 on PS4, PC, and Switch.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
So SEGA was there for the already known 13 Sentinels release date and Atlus was there for a new trailer of the already known Catherine Full Body Switch port.

What a tease.

Not to mention that they got Danganronpa's Kodaka up there to say nothing more than "pls wait for more news" which we already have been doing...

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
We got the tiniest of teases for No More Heroes 3 gameplay, but Suda was specifically in front of the gameplay so it couldn't be seen well.

NISA got Trails of Cold Steel again because for some reason let's continue to let them mishandle the series over XSEED I guess.

I especially loved that Escape From Asura game that showed us barely a screenshot and were like OK THANKS BYE GUYS.

Their big tease was Ys IX, wheee, as if there was any doubt of that coming west after the success of the previous ones lately. I'm glad to see it, but...again, NISA. I'll have to wait an extra year for it to be tolerable, if VIII was any indication.

And at least a quarter of the "reveals" were release dates we already knew or games we already knew were coming out, like Re Zero or Death end Re quest 2.

Ugh. At least the Shiren the Wanderer game looks nice and is on a platform I'll finally care for now, and Curse of the Moon 2 is nice to see. Also dare I say I see a small modicum of effort from Natsume trying to make an actually okay Harvest Moon game?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No sega games. FEELS BAD MAN!

Kinda in a love/hate mood right now... was expecting blaster master zero 3, but got curse of the moon 2. I'm glad we getting sequel to the game. Can't wait to review it. BUY DAY ONE!! :)

Really excited about YS XI! Can't wait to play that game either. Just to remind me i still didn't get ys viii, no discount prices for switch. :ninja:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No new Castlevania since PS3, 3DS, and PS4 for the next consoles ? :(
To me bloodstained is the new castlevania. I can’t really say there has been anything good about castlevania since the main guy left Konami. Now I think all Konami does is publish their game titles while someone else develops it.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To me bloodstained is the new castlevania. I can’t really say there has been anything good about castlevania since the main guy left Konami. Now I think all Konami does is publish their game titles while someone else develops it.

I know but dont get me wrong. It is awesome however 8 bit again ? And I really want Castlevania from PS3 and PS4 to be continue or a brand new story for PS5. Nintendo Switch isn't possible for it. I guess we will have to wait and see. I am huge fan of Castlevania since NES when I was kid.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not too surprising to see Inti Creates carried this event. I keep trying and failing to get into the older Ys games too, but maybe I should skip to the more "modern" ones since IX looks pretty good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: show him fighting in ww2