New Game Pass announcements put an emphasis on RPGs

TW_Available-Today_Coming-Soon_templates_3.16.2021.jpg

The new additions to Game Pass are looking to add some serious hours to the total value of Game Pass, by adding a large swath of lengthy RPGs to the service, such as Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Ultimate Edition, Nier: Automata, Octopath Traveler, and Yakuza 6: The Song of Life. Other significant titles coming to the service include Undertale and Star Wars: Squadrons. The full list of twelve titles joining Game Pass' lineup between now and April 1 can be seen below.

• Undertale (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – Available now
  • Empire of Sin (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – March 18
  • Nier: Automata (PC) – March 18
  • Star Wars: Squadrons (Console) EA Play – March 18
  • Torchlight III (PC) – March 18
  • Genesis Noir (Console and PC) ID@Xbox – March 25
  • Octopath Traveler (Console and PC) – March 25
  • Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Ultimate Edition (PC) ID@Xbox – March 25
  • Supraland (PC) ID@Xbox – March 25
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (Cloud, Console and PC) – March 25
  • Narita Boy (Cloud, Console and PC) ID@Xbox – March 30
  • Outriders (Cloud and Console) – April 1
The following titles will also be leaving on March 31.
  • Hyperdot (Console and PC)
  • Journey to the Savage Planet (Console)
  • Machinarium (PC)
:arrow: Source

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Said to see Machinarium go, if anyone has not played it - it's a lot of fun with a really beautiful soundtrack and visuals.
I see it as one of those "Everyone who wanted it played it" kind of games - it's pretty much everywhere, constantly on sale and available through multiple subscriptions, so seeing it leave GamePass is not too much of a loss. Still, one less option still sucks, and game is great :0

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
This is the first time in a very long time there has been anything xbox related on this site. It's always PS Plus or Nintendo shit.
Games with Gold never got covered due to the threads never getting even a small fraction of the views...but since Game Pass came out, a lot of the time we've been covering the new additions or news related to Xbox and its gone over well. In fact, there's been at least four other Xbox related stories this week :P

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When I hear the term "RPG", I tend to think of turn-based, or pseudo-turn-based-action - Bravely Default, Pokémon, Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age (PC), Xenoblade Chronicles, Persona, etc.
The only game listed that I've actually played (and finished, a few times, though never Genocide) is Undertale. The rest...meh, not interested.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My only problem with game pass is that they delist games I prefer Xbox gold or PS plus since I keep the games as long as I have a subscription
Exactly; why bother removing games? Why not just make it one big smorgasbord of potentially-interesting titles?
Delisting games just seems antithetical to the premise, to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: it's fucking bad