March's Game Pass games include Zero Escape and Crusader Kings III

Available-Today_Coming-Soon_3.15.2022.jpg

Microsoft has announced new games coming to Game Pass through the end of March. Notable titles include Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, which we wrote a GBAtemp Recommends for last year, and the highly acclaimed Crusader Kings III, which launches on Xbox Series X|S on March 29. The full list of titles coming in March is below:
  • Shredders (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) ID@Xbox – March 17 - Available on day one with Game Pass
  • The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – March 17
  • Tainted Grail: Conquest (Console) ID@Xbox – March 22
  • Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 22
  • Norco (PC) ID@Xbox – March 24 - Available on day one with PC Game Pass
  • F1 2021 (Console) EA Play – March 24
  • Crusader Kings III (Xbox Series X|S) ID@Xbox – March 29 (Already available on PC Game Pass)
  • Weird West (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – March 31 - Available on day one with Game Pass
The following games have also been announced to be leaving the service on the following games:
  • Madden NFL 20 (Cloud, Console, and PC) EA Play - March 31
  • Narita Boy (Cloud, Console, and PC) - March 31
  • Shadow Warrior 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC) - March 31
  • Destiny 2: Beyond Light, Shadowkeep, and Forsaken (PC) - April 11
The blog also teases that some "surprises" for Game Pass members may be at the ID@Xbox Spring Showcase airing tomorrow.

:arrow: Source

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Banger! Was planning to pick up both CK3 and Zero Escape (played all of them, but never on the big screen), looks like now I won’t have to. 10/10 would Gamepass again.

Reactions: Windaga

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shredders is the only one I'm interested in and snowboarding games are either hit or miss with me. Time will tell.

Enlapse

Trophies
XP
Country
People interested in Zero Escape trilogy, should know this before starting to playing them (yes, it's a trilogy even if here it's only the Nonary Games) and a spiritual 'sequel' (which is also available in Gamepass if I am not mistaken) but has nothing to do with the trilogy:
  • The premise of the game is good. I think story-wise its quite decent. It's worth giving them a try.
  • If you don't like 0 sense explanations of what is happening, then don't play this game.
  • The story is not even finished. The series is a trilogy, but it's lacking (at least) a fourth entry on the series.
Quite nice to see these kind of games coming to Gamepass, to be honest. I think the second one is better than this one, but still, it's nice.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Zero Escape trilogy is among my favorite games of all time - specifically 999. I can't wait to replay them on the big screen.
They seem ideal games for streaming too, so I might try them on my phone. Having said that, there are probably better versions to play for the portable experience lol

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
People interested in Zero Escape trilogy, should know this before starting to playing them (yes, it's a trilogy even if here it's only the Nonary Games) and a spiritual 'sequel' (which is also available in Gamepass if I am not mistaken) but has nothing to do with the trilogy:
  • The premise of the game is good. I think story-wise its quite decent. It's worth giving them a try.
  • If you don't like 0 sense explanations of what is happening, then don't play this game.
  • The story is not even finished. The series is a trilogy, but it's lacking (at least) a fourth entry on the series.
Quite nice to see these kind of games coming to Gamepass, to be honest. I think the second one is better than this one, but still, it's nice.
I disagree on your later points. Zero Time Dilemma ties all the loose ends as far as the trilogy is concerned, all the epilogues explain the events of individual games and everything made perfect sense to me when all was said and done. Leaving some mystery up to the imagination of the player doesn’t mean that the plot didn’t reach a natural conclusion. If anything, including this instalment (999 + VLR) is an incentive to buy the third game, which makes perfect sense from a marketing standpoint.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played around 1000 hours of CK2. I never did try CK3 yet. I guess time to download it on PC, and see how well it works on my new CPU and god awful GPU.

Enlapse

Trophies
XP
Country
I disagree on your later points. Zero Time Dilemma ties all the loose ends as far as the trilogy is concerned, all the epilogues explain the events of individual games and everything made perfect sense to me when all was said and done. Leaving some mystery up to the imagination of the player doesn’t mean that the plot didn’t reach a natural conclusion. If anything, including this instalment (999 + VLR) is an incentive to buy the third game, which makes perfect sense from a marketing standpoint.
I think I haven't explained myself correctly.

Yes, the third game ties everything from the previous ones, but the ending is not 'some mystery' since it's literally ending where the plot between the third and the second game should occur. It's literally telling the player that something will happen (as a player perspective, not story-wise) but the story ends there. I wouldn't tell that another game is 'some mystery', to be honest. It reached a natural conclusion? I don't really think so either because of what I said before.
Is your last point answering anything I said? If so, I don't understand what made you think that I wasn't agreeing with you, I am sorry, because I totally agree with you with that part.

The only thing that didn't made sense, at least as far as I remember, is the explanation of how things happened and happen in the first game, not the other two, since the other two follow that same premise from the beginning but weren't as confusing as the first one. I don't want to make spoilers so perhaps my point is kind of hard to understand, I am sorry.

And this is just my opinion, but if I like the thing that made all events to happen (as a general concept, not in this game), I find kind of lazy from the author to develop things that way, even though the games were great, specially the second one which is the one who really has that taste of expalining a lot of things of the story, and the first and third ones are just like some kind of bridge to the second.

Sorry if I didn't explain myself correctly! Explaining things without many spoilers is hard. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back