Hacking New G6 Trouble upgrading G6 files

drunknfoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I just received my passcard3 and g6lite and was going through the process of copying "g6vervify.sys" and "g6loader.sys" to the flashcart.
Now I get into GBA mode and hold A/b/sel/start and get to the menu where it asks me "do you reolad system?" i click yes and hit A.

THe screen haults, the yes box is lit up yellow but there is a #2 displayed over yes. I don't seem to be getting anywhere with this,

any recommendations/suggestions?

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I just received my passcard3 and g6lite and was going through the process of copying "g6vervify.sys" and "g6loader.sys" to the flashcart.
Now I get into GBA mode and hold A/b/sel/start and get to the menu where it asks me "do you reolad system?" i click yes and hit A.

THe screen haults, the yes box is lit up yellow but there is a #2 displayed over yes. I don't seem to be getting anywhere with this,

any recommendations/suggestions?

Don't extract directories (folders) when extracting the files.
If that's a problem (some people seem to not know how to use winrar correctly), extract them to the hard drive first, then find the files in the subfolders that were created, then copy and paste the two files directly to the root folder.

drunknfoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok? actually I got it figured out...
round about to this was to just format the cart and rebuild the files

Thanks anyway =D
(sorry for the lame post, it just didn't come to mind)

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok? actually I got it figured out...
round about to this was to just format the cart and rebuild the files

Thanks anyway =D
(sorry for the lame post, it just didn't come to mind)

no problem.

That "2" means that the G6 couldn't find the files. And a lot of people for some reason totally overlook the subfolder on their G6 that magically appeared, called " English " or " Chinese "
tongue.gif

Of course it would be helpful if the M3 team built some sort of error handling....

junfeng85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I also encounter this same problem. I had change the file format to FAT32. The updater works with i reverted to FAT16.

derderbste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, to format the G6 in FAT16 is the only way to get it working. I don´t think anybody put the files into subdir because its written everywhere to put these files in the root folder of the G6...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...