New G6 Trouble upgrading G6 files

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by drunknfoo, Aug 18, 2006.

Aug 18, 2006
  1. drunknfoo
    OP

Newcomer drunknfoo Newbie

Hi all,

I just received my passcard3 and g6lite and was going through the process of copying "g6vervify.sys" and "g6loader.sys" to the flashcart.
    Now I get into GBA mode and hold A/b/sel/start and get to the menu where it asks me "do you reolad system?" i click yes and hit A.

THe screen haults, the yes box is lit up yellow but there is a #2 displayed over yes. I don't seem to be getting anywhere with this,

any recommendations/suggestions?

2. Falkentyne

Member Falkentyne GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Don't extract directories (folders) when extracting the files.
    If that's a problem (some people seem to not know how to use winrar correctly), extract them to the hard drive first, then find the files in the subfolders that were created, then copy and paste the two files directly to the root folder.

3. drunknfoo
    OP

Newcomer drunknfoo Newbie

ok? actually I got it figured out...
    round about to this was to just format the cart and rebuild the files

Thanks anyway =D
    (sorry for the lame post, it just didn't come to mind)

4. Falkentyne

Member Falkentyne GBAtemp Regular

United States
    no problem.

That "2" means that the G6 couldn't find the files. And a lot of people for some reason totally overlook the subfolder on their G6 that magically appeared, called " English " or " Chinese " [​IMG]

Of course it would be helpful if the M3 team built some sort of error handling....

5. junfeng85

Newcomer junfeng85 Member

Singapore
    I also encounter this same problem. I had change the file format to FAT32. The updater works with i reverted to FAT16.

6. derderbste

Newcomer derderbste Member

Germany
    Yes, to format the G6 in FAT16 is the only way to get it working. I donĀ“t think anybody put the files into subdir because its written everywhere to put these files in the root folder of the G6...