OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
The GBAtemp admins have been hard at work, in order to bring a new feature to your beloved independent gaming community! This project has been in the works for a while, and it's almost time to show the public! But, before we do, we'd like to let our lovely patreons check it out first!

https://gbatemp.net/games/

This is the GBAtemp Game Center, which pulls data from a games database, and hosts all sorts of cool info for you to see! Such as:

Upcoming game releases for that week

lsTVeYX.png

Trailers, platforms, release dates, and all sorts of other neat information!

PhwAkEt.png

And a cool system (which is WIP currently) that'll allow you to tag games inside of posts!

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX is definitely a remake! How fun!

Feel free to check it out for yourselves, and let us know there's anything you'd want to see improved or fixed, prior to the official announcement. (a layout for mobile users is in the works, so don't fret if it looks a little messy on your phone!)

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The summary doesn't resize and remains as a compact box on the side regardless of window size. Kind of would be nice to have it bigger to be able to read more without scrolling.
Also would be convenient to be able to filter by region or language.
Otherwise I like the idea. Now I don't have to google every single game I want to take a look at. #JustGBATempIt

Last edited by jurassicplayer,
Reactions: Chary

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Fire Emblem (Tentative Title) for the Nintendo Switch!

Seriously, though, this database... Where did you get it? It has to be at least a little bit out of date if it hasn't got the game listed as Fire Emblem: Three Houses...

Not to say I don't love this idea, of course. Another excellent feature.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I love Fire Emblem (Tentative Title) for the Nintendo Switch!

Seriously, though, this database... Where did you get it? It has to be at least a little bit out of date if it hasn't got the game listed as Fire Emblem: Three Houses...

Not to say I don't love this idea, of course. Another excellent feature.
IGDB.com, but yeah, their database isn't perfect.

There are a lot of things that need to be ironed out before we go fully public.
Any remarks about the design/layout of the new addon - we're taking that into consideration, we'll fix anything that's broken before going live.
Additionally, we're working on the mobile version right now, so this is desktop only at the moment.

To improve the database itself we will implement a user contribution system where people can submit data updates which will go through validation. This will be in the second phase of the project. A lot more improvements will be made in the second phase, a lot of new features and more data on games, platforms, and whatnot.

Reactions: Darth Meteos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...