zeno16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey Guys, i'm sitting on an M3i zero that is starting to act up, I've had it for like 2 months and I have tested the microSD, so it is my flashcard that is acting up, anyways.

I've been looking around and found the Acekard2i But i'm still not sure, I've heard a lot of nice things about but i want to clear a few things up before i get it.

How do i see if it's a official card before i get it? Is it possible?
unsure.gif

If i got a DSi 1.4, will i be able to run it without patching from a DSL?

I think that's all the questions i can think of now.

Thanks for the help

-Zeno
Potential AceKard owner

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
zeno16 said:
How do i see if it's a official card before i get it? Is it possible?
unsure.gif

do the research. http://www.acekard.com/news.php. ask your reseller what hwid their cards are. find out if they are windowed with the actel chip. ceratin hwid's are known clones. the new ak2i does not use the actel chip. clones are not covered under the acekard 1 yr warranty.

ask gbatemp members and use the search button. there are a bunch of threads like this already. see what resellers they recommend.

/join #acekard on the gbatemp irc network and ask.

many people report contact issues with the ak2i and its MSD slot. howerver, it is a great kit, and akaio is developed on the ak2i. i would actually recommend the 2.1 over the 2i as it doesn't have the contact issues, now that akaio runs on the new hardware hwid 80 ak2.1s i can recommend it again =P. but if you have a dsi you are stuck with the "i" linkers.

you might want to wait for the supercard ds2 to come out. it looks like a very pretty kit so far.

-another world

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you decide to get an acekard, then I recommend buying it from leetmod.com. They sell legit cards, not that expensive, and the shipping is great if you live in the US.

zeno16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the help, i tried using the search function. But my browser don't like that for some reason. I checked the website i was thinking about ordering from and they got the HW81.

I heard some great stuff about the supercard ds2 but it all comes down to how long my M3i will be able to live.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
zeno16 said:
Hey Guys, i'm sitting on an M3i zero that is starting to act up, I've had it for like 2 months and I have tested the microSD, so it is my flashcard that is acting up, anyways.
Probably acting up because you're sitting on it.
tongue.gif

Sorry, I had to say that.
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo