New flashcard

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by zeno16, Apr 1, 2010.

Apr 1, 2010

New flashcard by zeno16 at 9:17 PM (873 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. zeno16
    OP

Newcomer zeno16 Advanced Member

Sweden
    Hey Guys, i'm sitting on an M3i zero that is starting to act up, I've had it for like 2 months and I have tested the microSD, so it is my flashcard that is acting up, anyways.

I've been looking around and found the Acekard2i But i'm still not sure, I've heard a lot of nice things about but i want to clear a few things up before i get it.

How do i see if it's a official card before i get it? Is it possible? [​IMG]

If i got a DSi 1.4, will i be able to run it without patching from a DSL?

I think that's all the questions i can think of now.

Thanks for the help

-Zeno
    Potential AceKard owner

2. jlsyber

Member jlsyber GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It is compatible with DSi firmware 1.41.

3. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    do the research. http://www.acekard.com/news.php. ask your reseller what hwid their cards are. find out if they are windowed with the actel chip. ceratin hwid's are known clones. the new ak2i does not use the actel chip. clones are not covered under the acekard 1 yr warranty.

ask gbatemp members and use the search button. there are a bunch of threads like this already. see what resellers they recommend.

/join #acekard on the gbatemp irc network and ask.

many people report contact issues with the ak2i and its MSD slot. howerver, it is a great kit, and akaio is developed on the ak2i. i would actually recommend the 2.1 over the 2i as it doesn't have the contact issues, now that akaio runs on the new hardware hwid 80 ak2.1s i can recommend it again =P. but if you have a dsi you are stuck with the "i" linkers.

you might want to wait for the supercard ds2 to come out. it looks like a very pretty kit so far.

-another world

4. Nikolay

Member Nikolay GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you decide to get an acekard, then I recommend buying it from leetmod.com. They sell legit cards, not that expensive, and the shipping is great if you live in the US.

5. zeno16
    OP

Sweden
    Thanks for the help, i tried using the search function. But my browser don't like that for some reason. I checked the website i was thinking about ordering from and they got the HW81.

I heard some great stuff about the supercard ds2 but it all comes down to how long my M3i will be able to live.

6. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    Probably acting up because you're sitting on it. [​IMG]

Sorry, I had to say that. [​IMG]

7. zeno16
    OP

Sweden
    lol, [​IMG] so that's why it don't work