1. petspeed

OP petspeed GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Denmark
    Hi

My Switch is on 11.0.1 (both clean SysMMC and EmuMMC). In EmuMMC I block DNS and clear the serial with Atmosphere but in SysMMC I go full online since I keep it clean (only boot it normally without RCM payload).

This evening when I go to settings in SysMMC it says that an update is ready where it normally shows the version installed.
    I turned off the switch and booted EmuMMC to avoid an automatic update.

Does anyone know whether Nintendo just released a new firmware? Why else do I get this message?
    If there is a new update and my SysMMC updates will I still be able to launch EmuMMC (still 11.0.1) with the current version of Atmosphere or must Atmosphere be able to support the version I have on SysMMC to boot EmuMMC?

Thank you for any thoughts

Edit: Sorry I should have added a '?' in the thread title so it doesn't indicate that there IS a new firmware out. I don't think I can edit the title.

Last edited by petspeed, Feb 23, 2021
  2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    nope. that's still the latest. I just checked with my legit system. no newer update available.

xXxSwagnemitexXx and petspeed like this.
  3. petspeed

Denmark
    Thanks I will try to start SysMMC again tomorrow then and see what happens.

4. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It does this at random, or when you go to start a game? It might be referring to a game update. Or... if you made the mistake of using the regular Nintendo folder for both eMMC and emuMMC, then perhaps you installed an update or some DLC while on emuMMC, and now eMMC expects it.

5. petspeed

Denmark
    I see it in System Settings - System - System Update. Normally it says 11.0.1 but now it says something like 'an update is ready'.
    I use seperate Nintendo folders for SysMMC and EmuMMC. Just checked in emummc.ini

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    How did you originally update your firmware?

7. petspeed

Denmark
    I just got the switch second hand and it was on 11.0.1 when I got it so don't know how it was updated previously.
    I decided to install the update. It took only few seconds and then it was done. I don't even think it rebooted. Still on 11.0.1 and now it doesn't say anything about a pending update anymore.

BigOnYa likes this.
  8. Jacoghi

Jacoghi Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Probably the update that adds exfat support to the os.

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    No need to worry, Atmosphere doesn't even touch the sysNAND if you're booting into emuNAND. The only thing that causes issues sometimes is game cart slot firmware updates, after updating to a recently released FW on sysNAND you may notice emuNAND crashes with a cartridge inserted. AutoNoGC is supposed to prevent that from happening, but it doesn't always work correctly with a newly released game cart FW. No big deal though, just eject the cart and wait for an Atmo update to fix it.

petspeed likes this.
  10. petspeed

Denmark
    My SD Card is formatted as FAT32 so I guess it won't install the EXFAT drivers.

Thanks, nice to know

11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Its possible that the previous owner didn't update it officially because some homebrew firmware installers do not match Nintendo's firmware updating process.

petspeed likes this.
  12. petspeed

Denmark
    I don't think the previous owner used CFW but I can't know for sure. When i got the switch it wasn't reset and his Nintendo ID was still connected and there was three games installed. I don't think he had any cartridge games so I think he updated online. ut I can't know for sure.
    I wonder if the update I got could be this one: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-update-picked-up-by-ylws8bot.584480/

13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    That isn't possible for 2 reasons. The first is that this update was released almost a week after you posted your thread and the bot detects updates the second they are posted so there is no way you got an update before the bot detected it. The other reason is because that update was a silent update that most users won't even notice was installed. That is why it doesn't even have a version number attached to it. It is not even listed on Nintendo's website.

petspeed likes this.
  14. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Updates are usually very quick.

15. petspeed

Denmark
    Ahh I see. Thank you for explaining that. As mentioned I installed the update and the version number didn't change and everything is fine so I guess I will just leave it at that.

Draxzelex likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - firmware,