Hacking New Firmware update

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nintendo is starting to be annoying with these updates.
They do nothing but block flashcards
I would be happy to see a update that give us flash support,
or html5 support,
or/and a youtube app.

Lets list the amount of devices that already do that in the modern household shall we?

1. Your Mobile
2. Your Tablet
3 Your home console
4. (some cases) your TV
5. Your PC

all with bigger, brighter and better screens.

Yeah, I dont think so...

And we had tons if updates that have added tons of features, and were going to get the big Miiverse update sometime within the Wii U launch.

But none of them play youtube videos in 3D.

If they added Netflix support to my region, and some other regions which still do not have it, I'd see this as a good thing.
The only thing the last 3 updates added was flashcard blocking.
I want more than that, and probably 90% of this community aren't satisfied with this

Reactions: 2 people

w00th00t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened to the usual thread that updates with a list of what is or isn't blocked? I want to keep track to find out when the R4i Gold is updated.

Blacky12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Out of curiosity as this is the first time i've gotten my card "blocked". My card still appears in the console when i plug it in, it just fails to startup:
IMG_20120921_075624.jpg

Is this normally what happens? my understand was that when the card got blocked it ceased appearing in the console all together. Only reason i ask is that if my card is still appearing and launchable with 4.4.0, is that any use to anyone?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Out of curiosity as this is the first time i've gotten my card "blocked". My card still appears in the console when i plug it in, it just fails to startup:
IMG_20120921_075624.jpg

Is this normally what happens? my understand was that when the card got blocked it ceased appearing in the console all together. Only reason i ask is that if my card is still appearing and launchable with 4.4.0, is that any use to anyone?

This is normal for blocked flashcards, just wait an update and it's done

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wish there was a flashcard maker out there that would release a fashcard DS/DSi mode compatible. that didn't support piracy/retail roms. so nintendo didn't have to worry about piracy & blocking out cards every update. >.>
I'm willing to bet they would still block cards. All companies basically frown upon 3rd party devices.
Even long ago, if a game Genie happened to ruin your nes or a game, they warranty was invalid.
They might not update for blocking purposes as frequently, but it would still happen. They just don't like the carts. Piracy enabled or not, they'll never be cool with it. Also, with homebrew comes piracy in one form or another.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow nintendo doesn't really realize that the flashcards only play DS games not 3DS games so there is little to no point in blocking it cause honestly whats the worst that can happen hm? oh someone pirates a DS game and plays it on their 3DS ohhh..they need to be stopped at all costs.
Nintendo most likely fully knows this fact. In fact it's most likely the reason they are blocking the cards. They have the right to protect their products, all of them. Even if it's just for DS piracy, that's still their product they need to protect.
Not to mention these flashcards use romheaders on top of being used for piracy.

We are not obligated nor do we have the right to play pirated roms on these systems, plain and simple.

With how much it cost to release a patch to block flashcards, it's not worth it in the long run since no one who owns a flashcard will go out and buy DS games.

it costs bugger all to make a patch to block flashcards

they just see what headers there using and add some more random data from the game to check

id say it would take 30mins max to do
then they just add the firmware update that fixes a few system bugs

Your not serious are you? After making a patch it has to be tested and updated to the servers, then they check the servers to make sure it downloads properly, etc. It cost money to do that stuff and and it's not one single dev doing the job and they don't get paid minimum wage.

Somehow nintendo doesn't really realize that the flashcards only play DS games not 3DS games so there is little to no point in blocking it cause honestly whats the worst that can happen hm? oh someone pirates a DS game and plays it on their 3DS ohhh..they need to be stopped at all costs.
Nintendo most likely fully knows this fact. In fact it's most likely the reason they are blocking the cards. They have the right to protect their products, all of them. Even if it's just for DS piracy, that's still their product they need to protect.
Not to mention these flashcards use romheaders on top of being used for piracy.

We are not obligated nor do we have the right to play pirated roms on these systems, plain and simple.

With how much it cost to release a patch to block flashcards, it's not worth it in the long run since no one who owns a flashcard will go out and buy DS games.

Actually I know a couple others who have flashcarts yet still go out and buy games. About the only games they download are older ones that are either not in stock around where they live or ones that they'd have to get secondhand anyway. Brand new games are a different matter because they like supporting devs. Over time they may download it but by then they usually have played the physical copy at least once or twice and have long since gotten rid of it.

I buy "3DS" games and at one point half of game library I owed or can't find in the stores around me (lost my DS Lite way back). But this doesn't change the fact that they, like me, are not "actively" buying games.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here is a different angle. Maybe Nintendo blocks flashcarts on the 3DS so that they can still sell some of the DSLite hardware. Now I'm being silly. However I really don't care if they block or not just for the fact that I still have my DSlite as well as my DSI xl which is currently blocked cause I have both Cyclo & Iedge cards. So I use my Lite for my backups and everything else on my 3DS & 3DS xl.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here is a different angle. Maybe Nintendo blocks flashcarts on the 3DS so that they can still sell some of the DSLite hardware. Now I'm being silly. However I really don't care if they block or not just for the fact that I still have my DSlite as well as my DSI xl which is currently blocked cause I have both Cyclo & Iedge cards. So I use my Lite for my backups and everything else on my 3DS & 3DS xl.

No. Nintendo blocks flashcart because there are still games to be released on DS platform. Especially high profile game like Pokemon B/W 2.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Lol at your sarcasm. Once in a newspaper they had poorly explained how software cracking worked until a hacker from THG (i think) explained how it all worked and later died. RIP! I just wanna know how the Supercard Team does their stuff. Aw well. All the stuff that the people at the Supercard Team do is probably better off done anonymously and in complete privacy.
Flash cart bypass updates...
http://hackmii.com/2010/02/lawsuit-coming-in-3-2-1/

Basic software hacking...
http://gbatemp.net/topic/326547-basic-fileprogram-hacking-information/

Oh yeah... But what if the dstwo company doesn't come up with an update?
Maybe you should have thought about that before updating your 3DS.

Seriously.

I think It's over for the dstwo :(
An update doesn't come within a day and you all think the sky is falling?
https://www.google.com/search?q=patience
Do everybody a favor and start reading those results until you learn it.

Reactions: 3 people

flygon12345

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
well the eshop changed a bit...and my game actually lags alot less now when playing online...and the system takes like 1-2 secs (or maybe even less ..hardly noticable) less to open your application...

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
well the eshop changed a bit...and my game actually lags alot less now when playing online...and the system takes like 1-2 secs (or maybe even less ..hardly noticable) less to open your application...

This is probably a placebo effect, if these changes were actually made, Nintendo would have stated them in the firmware changelog.

Reactions: 2 people

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think It's over for the dstwo :(
The DSTWO has been the 2nd fastest card to update. Be patient. Just because you can't update your 3DS for a few days doesn't mean you have to stop playing DS games forever.

EDIT: Whoops, I think Rydian got the patience thing down already. :ha:

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted User

Firmware update will be out very soon for r4i 3ds gold http://www.r4ids.cn/ says Please don't upgrade your 3DS console system to V4.4.0-10 now. We will release the 3DS new patch V4.4.0-10 very soon...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :hrth::toot::grog::bow:HAPPY HOLLIDAY BIRTHDAY Psi ! :bow::grog::toot::hrth: