Hacking New extinfo.dat released March 4, 2011

Red_Slash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not advocating anything or taking sides, but it might be best to not do anything rash as of yet.
Regadless of origin, crediting and any other factor, the hard truth is the files are still being worked on
but having links here on GBAtemp was disallowed.

My two cents on this is, despite this embargo, the most important thing is the updates still exist and are being rolled out,
that's the truth of the matter, and despite some of us disagreeing with the distribution methods that are currently being employed,
it might be wiser to just wait and observe how the events turn.

Ultimately it would be bad for DSTT / R4 Clone users if updates ceased altogheter, regardless of where they are being held.

bitonio6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Red_Slash said:
I'm not advocating anything or taking sides, but it might be best to not do anything rash as of yet.
Regadless of origin, crediting and any other factor, the hard truth is the files are still being worked on
but having links here on GBAtemp was disallowed.

My two cents on this is, despite this embargo, the most important thing is the updates still exist and are being rolled out,
that's the truth of the matter, and despite some of us disagreeing with the distribution methods that are currently being employed,
it might be wiser to just wait and observe how the events turn.

Ultimately it would be bad for DSTT / R4 Clone users if updates ceased altogheter, regardless of where they are being held.
But like a said, what are we here?!

We are nothing now because of one guy who come long after all the others?!

Red_Slash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I guess that's what people call arbitrarity.
I understand your point completely, and I don't agree with concentrated distribution, much less
when the tools used belong to the community as a whole, and as such, the benefits should revert
in the same direction.

The only way to cut off this apparent dependancy would be cojoining people with enough
technical know-how to maybe create an entirely new functional base to the TTDS, so that
no barring of distribution right (however wrongly assumed by the distributing party)
can be pointed out

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeNijt said:
come on, retro should stop crying and start with making fixes again!
what should it matter if someone post his links on another website!
retro, dont stop now!
not now when it looked like the ttds was alive again!

Do you see why he's not coming back?
Stupid comments like this. "Come on, stop crying. Oh wait, come back and do things for free for us again!"

All of you stop crying and get over it. If I remember correctly, a mod said to drop the damn subject and to not post retro's files.
QUOTEFrom this day forth, any member who is found to be posting links to retrogamefan's fixes here on GBAtemp will have their post removed, and their warning level increased.

This subject is not open for debate.

So drop it.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
DeNijt said:
come on, retro should stop crying and start with making fixes again!
what should it matter if someone post his links on another website!
retro, dont stop now!
not now when it looked like the ttds was alive again!

Do you see why he's not coming back?
Stupid comments like this. "Come on, stop crying. Oh wait, come back and do things for free for us again!"

All of you stop crying and get over it. If I remember correctly, a mod said to drop the damn subject and to not post retro's files.
QUOTEFrom this day forth, any member who is found to be posting links to retrogamefan's fixes here on GBAtemp will have their post removed, and their warning level increased.

This subject is not open for debate.

So drop it.

Not to post retros files? I am not going to follow such a rule. From what I've heard, and from my own experience, retro is banning access to his site. he banned me twice, and several people on this forum. I personally had done nothing. So i expect anyone who is able to get these files, post them, and i will do the same for the rest of you. YOU deal with it, Phoenix. Your always so hate-full to everyone, its truly a sad site. get over yourself. Retro is a dick. why should the people he abandoned continue to obey his rules? and with someone so aggressive and hate-full as you, why would they listen to you, either? Go start your war elsewhere.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bunie said:
Not to post retros files? I am not going to follow such a rule. From what I've heard, and from my own experience, retro is banning access to his site. he banned me twice, and several people on this forum. I personally had done nothing. So i expect anyone who is able to get these files, post them, and i will do the same for the rest of you. YOU deal with it, Phoenix. Your always so hate-full to everyone, its truly a sad site. get over yourself. Retro is a dick. why should the people he abandoned continue to obey his rules? and with someone so aggressive and hate-full as you, why would they listen to you, either? Go start your war elsewhere.

Tell the mod you're not going to follow the rule, not me. There's a difference between trying to get people from attacking someone and being hateful. Do you not think continuously bashing the man for protecting his files/leaving the DSTT scene is hateful? It's the very definition of hateful. The mod said to end it and to stop taking his files and posting them here, so end it. Rules are made for a reason. Tell me, what war is there when you are all attacking someone who isn't even present? retro rarely responds to the attacks and yet you all still keep attacking. It's the equivalent of beating a granny, you'll hardly get any sort of benefit from it. You should really listen to yourself, you're making yourself look and sound like a self-entitled brat. You are not entitled to the files, therefore retro owes you nothing. He did something nice for you all for a while, yes, good, it's all said and done. Just clear the air and get over it.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
In completely irrelevant news, how far has anyone actually gone towards fixing multiple games for the DSTT themselves? Or actually, has anyone actually gotten more than like maybe two games fixed (I haven't been able to really keep track of what has been happening in the DSTT threads anymore...)?

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It's 2 days old
tongue.gif

bitonio6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
FireGrey said:
It's 2 days old
tongue.gif
if you are australian, maybe you can answer me...

the NDS games in your country are specifiq?

Im asking, because lately we saw "australian game DS Release" ???

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Etalon said:
999 not working!! FIX THIS BASTARD NOOOOWWWW!!!!!!!!!11

lol.

blush.gif

Seams working to me! - what will be the problem ?

EDIT: Yep just found out - freezes of first ladder to escape the ship

Will have to take a look on no$gba debugger to see offsets of where it freezes at!

The game looks a grate one to go though!
yaynds.gif

EDIT: nope its just random freeze

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Bunie said:

Tell the mod you're not going to follow the rule, not me. There's a difference between trying to get people from attacking someone and being hateful. Do you not think continuously bashing the man for protecting his files/leaving the DSTT scene is hateful? It's the very definition of hateful. The mod said to end it and to stop taking his files and posting them here, so end it. Rules are made for a reason. Tell me, what war is there when you are all attacking someone who isn't even present? retro rarely responds to the attacks and yet you all still keep attacking. It's the equivalent of beating a granny, you'll hardly get any sort of benefit from it. You should really listen to yourself, you're making yourself look and sound like a self-entitled brat. You are not entitled to the files, therefore retro owes you nothing. He did something nice for you all for a while, yes, good, it's all said and done. Just clear the air and get over it.
I never said he owed me anything, he didn't and doesn't and never will. He made something useful to me. I take it. End. Useful for other people, i give it to them as well. End. Stop telling people to stfu. We found something to better out flash carts. We want it. End.
moogle.gif

what would you prefer us do? Wait for a card manufacturer to take it and say its theirs, then post *that*? Lol. Try being a bit more friendly.
rolleyes.gif

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fine I've been uploading the new infolib all over the place and I'll do it every time a new version comes out so a simple google search will turn it up. I'll do that every time a new version comes out. We can announce new versions here so problem solved. Just for fun I removed the credits and put my name on the file so you can thank me if you download MY files. I'd actually like all of your help in spreading these files and making them available to the community.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bunie said:
He made something useful to me. I take it. End. Useful for other people, i give it to them as well. End. .... We want it. End.

That's an absolutely perfect example pf the attitude that caused retro to stop posting his game fixes here.

Pliskron: Do it. I dare ya.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Bunie said:
He made something useful to me. I take it. End. Useful for other people, i give it to them as well. End. .... We want it. End.

That's an absolutely perfect example pf the attitude that caused retro to stop posting his game fixes here.

Pliskron: Do it. I dare ya.
It's done and I'll keep doing it and my name is all over it. I didn't post here so I didn't break any rules. Temp mods kind of sound like the IRRA or the BSA. I think that's funny

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe