Hacking New DSiXL with DSTWO need some help...

msevans7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats up temp, perhaps you guys can point me in the right direction.

I have acquired a dsixl with firmware version 1.4u and I have the dstwo with the update.dat and the latest patch and firmware all on the sd card.

Now when i power on the ds and touch the screen and then the icon i'm left with a blank white bottom screen and dark top screen.

Do i have the wrong firmware on my ds. If so, do i need to update it?

Do i need to put the dstwo in another ds to update it?

any guidance is most appreciated. thanks

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Whats up temp, perhaps you guys can point me in the right direction.

I have acquired a dsixl with firmware version 1.4u and I have the dstwo with the update.dat and the latest patch and firmware all on the sd card.

Now when i power on the ds and touch the screen and then the icon i'm left with a blank white bottom screen and dark top screen.

Do i have the wrong firmware on my ds. If so, do i need to update it?

Do i need to put the dstwo in another ds to update it?

any guidance is most appreciated. thanks
I think that you have a contact problem (maybe between the microSD card and the dstwo). Could you try to take the microSD out and in again? Could you test it with another microSD card?

msevans7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be, the sd card is from my phone. I removed everything that was on the card then formatted it (not with an app) then copied the dstwo files onto it. I wanted to confirm it works before I purchase another sd card. Although I have tried it in a ds lite and it says no files found. Not sure of the firmware on the lite either. Unfortunately i can't mess with it till i get home tomorrow night, i will try another sd card and see what happens.

thanks

msevans7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually out of town till tomorrow night so I can give you more accurate info then but i am using the laptop that downloaded the files. I have a file named dstwo v1.11 and the dstwo patch 6/26 and thats it. They should be the only files unzipped on the root of the sd card. I'll post again tomorrow night exactly whats on the sd card and Im gonna try another sd card and see what happens

thanks

rockerzz182

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah dont use cheap sd card and also use class 6 or higher micro sd cards if you are using old micro sd format it using panasonic sdhc formatter.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wait... you have a folder called "dstwo v1.11" in the root of your card?

You have to unzip the content of the dstwo v1.11 into the root of the card: you must have a _dstwo folder and a ds2boot.dat in the root!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv