OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6237980.html?...adlines;title;1

Last November, the latest hardware revision of the DS handheld, the DSi, went on sale in Japan. Less than year later comes word that its replacement is already on the verge of production. The Nikkei news service (subscription required) is citing unnamed sources as confirming a larger-screen version of the handheld will be unveiled shortly, and could go on sale in Japan as early as this year.

The DSi will soon have a big brother.

According to Nikkei, the new DSi has larger screens than the current version, which sports two 3.25-inch screens. The new version will feature screens in excess of four inches, about the same size as the PSP-3000's 4.3-inch screens and larger than the PSP Go's 3.8-inch display. Commensurate with the increased production cost, the handheld's price will be higher, ringing up at ¥18,900 ($205).

As of press time, US Nintendo reps had not responded to requests for comment on the new DSi or its release in the West. However, its introduction will raise some issues with the US's 2.2 million DSi owners who have bought games from the DSi store. According to reports, DSiWare games are not transferable to another handheld, meaning they would have to be repurchased on any new DSi.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my god
hate2.gif

I'm getting pissed... I don't crap money, Nintendo!

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well if this does come out then I will have to say goodbye to my dsi I have now, because Whenever Nintendo releases a new portable my old one seems to get a hinge crack. Hoping it is not true since the ds2 or whatever Nintendo decides to call their new handheld, is supposedly in the works

D

Deleted_171835

Already have a topic in User-submitted news....

Posts merged

clonesniper666 said:
Well if this does come out then I will have to say goodbye to my dsi I have now, because Whenever Nintendo releases a new portable my old one seems to get a hinge crack. Hoping it is not true since the ds2 or whatever Nintendo decides to call their new handheld, is supposedly in the works

It is true....Don't get it. Would make more sense to wait for the DS2...

yobemal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
hmmm.. only bigger screen & more anti-piracy and stuff..

First the 4.2 wii update now this, ugh. to much bad ideas from Nintendo now
unsure.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You really should check before making a duplicated thread...
rolleyes.gif

Though, I think making a second console like this is ridiculous. Maybe there's anti-hacking hardware built in to this one?

LightRapid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
=(

Maybe if they include the super Nvidia chip in it, and stuff, I'll trade in my DSi for this bigger screened baby. =)
Wonder how well this might work out.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh no....... god damn it nintendo... if your gonna make something new, at least put everything together so we wont have to waste so much money.

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would rather wait for $99 price drop of Regular Lite models, so I can get one extra.
DSi screen is big enough, unless they want to make it as a descent movie player like PSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: